We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prainha Clube Alvor

UK
2 posts
Save Topic
Prainha Clube Alvor

Has anyone stayed here and have any tips or advice about the accommodation and surrounding area?

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Alvor
Level Contributor
2,041 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prainha Clube Alvor

I haven't stayed in Prainha, but I have had a good look around the place. It's located about half way between Alvor and Praia do Vau. The apartments are on a cliff top overlooking Prainha beach, which is located at the southern end of Alvor beach. There is an elevator leading down to the beach and there are also steps leading to both Prainha beach and the main Alvor beach (or, more precisely, the Tres Irmaos beach, which is a cove at the southern end do the main Alvor beach).

There are a couple of restaurants in Prainha, including Canico, which is situated right above Prainha beach. There are also a number of restaurants along the main beach that are open during the day and also for evening meals. Alvor village is about 15 minutes walk from Prainha and you may want to get a taxi back to Prainha if you are spending the evening in Alvor village.

There are lots of great restaurants in Alvor, which is a working fishing village, so plenty of fresh fish but also lots of meat options for carnivores. There's also quite a lively nightlife in Alvor, with lots of bars offering live music and/or karaoke, but there are no nightclubs. If you want to go clubbing, Praia da Rocha is a short taxi ride from Prainha.

I'm sure there will be people who have stayed in Prainha who will be able to tell you about the quality of the accommodation.

Edited: 05 March 2014, 18:28
Aberdeen
Level Contributor
6 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prainha Clube Alvor

I stayed here in June 2013, in a 1 bedroomed apartment which was clean and spacious. The grounds were lovely and the pool area was clean, and was easy to get sunbeds and parasols. We used the local bus service to get into town, the walk is a bit too far for our 4 year old to do without mumping!

There is no entertainment apart from the restaurants, so its peaceful at nights. There is plenty of parking if you hire a car.

We self catered, and were pleased that we made that decision. We ate breakfast in the restaurant once and while it was okay, we much prefered going to the onsite shop for freshly squeeshed juice and fresh bread.

Hope this helps.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
275 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prainha Clube Alvor

Stayed here about 4 years ago in a private rent villa which are seperate from apartments. It is a huge complex spread over a huge area. It has been covered before on the forum so not much more to add/although I will add that it does get very crowded in summer months with non residents parking on complex roads to access beach. Also do factor in cost of taxis to or from complex,average price 5/6euro.

Level Contributor
1 post
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prainha Clube Alvor

Yes I have stayed here with my wife a two kids (3&4) twice ,, I can recommend the newest villas the 2 ,3 or 4 bedrooms ,, there are really nice, we really liked the 2 bedroom villas around the swimming pool,,,

5. Re: Prainha Clube Alvor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2015, 13:28
Get answers to your questions about Alvor
Recent Conversations