We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sundbeds - whats the problem?

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
43 posts
Sundbeds - whats the problem?

First time visitor to Lassie in July 18.

Saw the post about sunbeds. Im confused whats the issue. We are staying Stefanos like to relax round the pool but do like a few days on the beach for change of scenery

Cheers

10 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
78 posts
23 reviews
1. Re: Sundbeds - whats the problem?

Hi dawn,

No problems. costa costa are a large commercial bar directly on the beach in lassi. It isn't everyone's cup of tea - but in small doses - we love it ( family with 2 young girls ). You can lie on the sand of course or pay for a bed with waiter service direct from the bar incl food. There is music which gets volumed up toward tea time / evening. You pay a little extra for front rows - but its small change. The beds arent cheap and it can add upiof you're there for two weeks but main advice would be to get there early if you want a front row view. I went down last summer, at 7:30am and got the last front row beds from about 40 to lie on. many folk simply place towels to 'reserve' the beds they want ( a shady tactic and a hot one..). me being a classic Brit stayed and lay on mine. Note - you can also 'reserve' large four poster style beds right at the seafront which would sit/ lay maybe 6 people - but they were reserved over a week in advance so you'll have to be quick. Lassi is wonderful. You'll love it.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
12,422 posts
88 reviews
2. Re: Sundbeds - whats the problem?

When you say the beds aren't cheap... how much are they?

Level Contributor
5,269 posts
33 reviews
3. Re: Sundbeds - whats the problem?

Hi steve, the prob does still exist & the beds at Costa Costa as a result have shot up to €15 for the better ones. I’ve PM’d you the reason, nice to see you on here aswell as Mancunia forum

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
12,422 posts
88 reviews
4. Re: Sundbeds - whats the problem?

It sounds more like Mykonos than Kefalonia!

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
43 posts
5. Re: Sundbeds - whats the problem?

So are standard beds and parasols available? Was paying about €6 Euro’s last year in Crete. I’m used to bars having beds and serving drinks etc

1 post
6. Re: Sundbeds - whats the problem?

Hi,arrived yesterday went to lassi beach today and went to costa costa. Red and blue beds 8 euros for 2 plus parasol. Other beds 15 euros. Waiter service if you want it but you dont have to use it . Had same concerns before i came but there doesnt seem to be a problem.

London, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
29 reviews
7. Re: Sundbeds - whats the problem?

Hi Dawn, if you walk 1 minute a little further down the beach you reach Makris Gialos. The sunbeds and umbrellas are free all day as long as you buy a drink from the bar. There is waiter service so you don’t even have to go into the bar yourself. We usually buy some coffees for a few euros in the morning when we get our beds and then later we’ll buy some gyros for lunch. All very reasonably priced.

Level Contributor
5,269 posts
33 reviews
8. Re: Sundbeds - whats the problem?

Hi Rosie, Makris Gialos(Long) beach is not a separate beach, it runs from Platys Gialos(where Costa Costa is) to the rocks below Thallasa hotel & includes the Staircase bar & Makris Taverna

London, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
29 reviews
9. Re: Sundbeds - whats the problem?

Ah yes I think I meant Makris Taverna :)

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
43 posts
10. Re: Sundbeds - whats the problem?

Thank you Rosie 4 weeks today we’ll of had a few mythos .cant wait first time to kefalonia

Reply to: Sundbeds - whats the problem?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lassi
Recent Conversations