We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cortona to pitigliana

South Mission Beach
9 posts
Save Topic
cortona to pitigliana

I would like to travel from Cortona to Pitigliana via Orvieto. Is this possible and easy by public transport? I would like to do this in late august.

4 replies to this topic
Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Level Contributor
8,669 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cortona to pitigliana

I don't think there is any way to Pitgliano from Orvieto by public transport. The only buses I know to Pitgliano are from Grosseto and Orbetello.

Montepulciano, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,774 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cortona to pitigliana

Peggy, as you well know, I am the most stupid person on the planet when it comes to public transport in central Italy but I have driven Pitigliano / Orvieto (and return) a lot in recent months and definitely see buses. It may be that a change is required at perhaps Bolsena (?) but otherwise there wouldn't be a bus from Orvieto to Orbetello or Albinia via San Lorenzo Nuovo / Pitigliano?

Edited: 29 June 2014, 19:58
Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Level Contributor
8,669 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cortona to pitigliana

You may well be right Lastraniera, but I certainly can't find a timetable online anywhere for a direct bus between the two. Anyone else know more?

Saint Marys, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,908 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cortona to pitigliana

I would consider an overnight in Pitigliano because it's really unbelievable when they light up the entire side of the village with giant spotlights. It's fabulous!

You can see a picture of it at fuzzytravel.com/jerryott1/…

Reply to: cortona to pitigliana
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pitigliano