We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Humacao PR supermarkets

Bradenton
Level Contributor
10 posts
38 reviews
Humacao PR supermarkets

I saw some old posts on this incl. 1 that said Walmart was updating to a super but their website doesnt show this ie. no groceries or wine mentioned. Anyone know if this happened? If not, where is the best place to shop for a week's food & booze when staying at the Clyb Cala de Palmas with no car? Thanks...going June 1!

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
10,675 posts
200 reviews
1. Re: Humacao PR supermarkets

There's a Sams and a Ralphs supermarket.

Club Cala is within Palmas del Mar resort complex. No grocery stores within walking distance. Strongly consider renting a car. How do you plan to get there from the airport. Renting a car will be much cheaper than all those taxi rides you will have to take otherwise.

Bradenton
Level Contributor
10 posts
38 reviews
2. Re: Humacao PR supermarkets

Thanks... I appreciate your suggestions. Had heard that driving was a nightmare so thought we'd try without...

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
10,675 posts
200 reviews
3. Re: Humacao PR supermarkets

The drive to Humacao is easy. Expect drivers to behave like in any major city, ie. crazy

Clifton Park,NY
Level Contributor
809 posts
22 reviews
4. Re: Humacao PR supermarkets

I will be staying there in September. I hope you do a trip report! Have fun.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
49 posts
41 reviews
5. Re: Humacao PR supermarkets

We're heading to Palmas Del Mar next week and I had the same question re: Humacao Walmart. I just called and spoke with them. They ARE a supercenter now and do have groceries. Open 24/7. Wish I knew how their prices compared to our local Walmart though.

barefoot travelers...
Level Contributor
146 posts
23 reviews
6. Re: Humacao PR supermarkets

The shopping center here is about 5-10 minutes from the Palmas complex. It is a not to pricey taxi ride from there if you do not have a rental car. It is only one stop away off the highway 53 heading North from Palmas to the exit 31 Punta Santiago. It is also very easy to rent a car daily or for a few days on the Palmas property as there are everal rental agencies that are either on the Palmas expanse or right near it with pick up services. Anticipate about $35 per day for rental car out here in Humacao.

There is a small market in Palmas itself at Palmanova Plaza. they have most everything including alcohol but it is a bit more costly then the Walmarts,, Ralph's supermarket, SAMs or Econo markets a short drive away. Depending on what part of the enormous resort complex you are renting or staying in Palmanova Plaza can be a short or a rather long walk.

Have fun and honestly the drivers here are not the best in lots of ways but if you take it easy and keep yourselves off the roads at the worst hours..like late night weekends..you should be fine!

foley al
Level Contributor
9 posts
169 reviews
7. Re: Humacao PR supermarkets

I was at the walmart in Humacao last week. They have full grocery and wine in that store. It is a superwalmart, not sure about tire center but the rest definitely.

foley al
Level Contributor
9 posts
169 reviews
8. Re: Humacao PR supermarkets

prices pretty much the same as our walmart in southern alabama, we did not see a noticeable difference in most items, but when we did notice it was because PR was cheaper

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
9. Re: Humacao PR supermarkets

Planning on taking my family to Palmas Del Mar in January. Any tips...advice....comments on how it was?

10. Re: Humacao PR supermarkets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2014, 12:16
Get answers to your questions about Humacao
Recent Conversations
More Humacao Topics