We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel time from airport to lixouri

london
Level Contributor
760 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Travel time from airport to lixouri

Hi ,

We were in Kefalonia many years ago and are thinking of returning next May .

Can anyone tell me how long the journey is likely to be to Lixouri ? We have hired a car in the past but may take the option of the coach transfer.

Any info on the Apollonian and the half board option would be helpful . Also prices for drinks etc.

Thanks in advance ,

Leo

Mentioned in this post
Lixouri
Lixouri
Cephalonia, Greece
5 replies to this topic
Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
11,590 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel time from airport to lixouri

Hi Leo,

The Appolonian Resort and Spa is not actually in Lixouri. It is close to Xi beach about 7km from Lixouri.

All there is there is a couple of hotels and a few tavernas. I believe there is one shop nearby but other than that it means getting in to Lixouri.

To be fair the beach is good.

The transfer time depends on which way the coach goes and I do not know. If the coach takes the ferry then 20 minutes into Argostoli, up to 30 minute wait for ferry, about 20 minutes on ferry then another 20 minutes to resort. If the coach goes round the bay I reckon about an hour but maybe more if there are other drops in Lixouri.

I personally would not want to stay there unless I had a car but we like to explore.

Hope this helps a bit.

Bob

Mentioned in this post
Lixouri
Lixouri
Cephalonia, Greece
Xi Beach
Xi Beach
554 Reviews
Cephalonia, Greece
london
Level Contributor
760 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel time from airport to lixouri

Hi Bob ,

Thank you for the info .

My husband is thinking of getting a taxi transfer as he is thinking it would be a tiresome journey by coach .

Do you know if the taxi goes the ferry route or drives there.

We stayed in Lassi on our first visit to Kefalonia 6 years ago . We did hire a car and travelled around the island , my favourite place being Sami .

We didn't visit Lixouri then but thought for a restful holiday the Apollonian ticked the boxes .

Thanks , Leo

Mentioned in this post
Lassi
Lassi
Cephalonia, Greece
Lixouri
Lixouri
Cephalonia, Greece
Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
11,590 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel time from airport to lixouri

Hi Leo,

A taxi would cost about 55€ all the way. You could get a taxi to the ferry (about 20€), take the ferry as a foot passenger (about 2€ each) then get another taxi from Lixouri (about 10€).

I do not know which way the taxi actually goes.

Bob

Mentioned in this post
Lixouri
Lixouri
Cephalonia, Greece
london
Level Contributor
760 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel time from airport to lixouri

Thanks Bob , We've got plenty of time to decide so we'll keep mulling the ideas around!

Leo

1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel time from airport to lixouri

Hello Leo

The Apollonion is in a nice relaxing location very close to Xi Beach not far from Lixouri.

You have the option of the lovely pool or the beach there. I went with a friend the other day and the sunbeds are also reasonably priced approximatly €6 for two sunbeds and an umbrella so at least you have the option.

Sorry I can not help you with regards to prices of drinks if I pop in in the future I will let you know.

It also is only 5 minute taxi journey into Lixouri it self so you can have a little explore if you wanted of an evening, with a lovely square to watch the world go by.

I have asked around for you with regards to the taxi and the taxi driver can do either or for you, they can drive round or take you over on the ferry whichever you prefer. The price is between €50-€60 Euros driving round or on the ferry.

If you would like any more help or information please do not hesitate to ask. I know you have been before but just in case 😊

Thank you

CJKef

Edited: 26 June 2017, 23:25
Mentioned in this post
Xi Beach
Xi Beach
554 Reviews
Cephalonia, Greece
Lixouri
Lixouri
Cephalonia, Greece
Reply to: Travel time from airport to lixouri