We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lixouri or Lassi

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,825 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Lixouri or Lassi

Which resort would you pick solo traveller so don't want anywhere remote

14 replies to this topic
Dudley, United...
Level Contributor
123 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lixouri or Lassi

Hi Kaz,

Definitely Lassi, perfect for solo traveller, best beaches, good restaurants and short walk or taxi ride into Argostoli for more eateries and plenty of shops. certainly not remote.We have very often met solo travellers who have loved lassi Hope you get sorted and enjoy

Mentioned in this post
Lassi
Lassi
Cephalonia, Greece
Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
12,007 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lixouri or Lassi

Hi again,

I would probably pick Lassi without knowing if you have a particular hotel in mind. The reason is that some of the hotels that claim to be in Lixouri are actually at 'Xi beach. A pleasant enough beach but about 7km from Lixouri and there are only a couple of tavernas at Xi.

Lixouri is a pleasant town in a great area of the island but you would need a car to explore the area and I don't know of any excursions starting there.

There is a regular ferry to Argostoli operating from early morning until about midnight. Cost about 3€ each way.

Because of the ferry or long drive round transfers would cost about 50€ to Lixouri by taxi although if you are actually based in the town you can cut this to about 30€.

Lixouri has a better range of shops than Lassi and is also a proper town.

Lassi is a nice resort but it is only a resort.

It really depends on what you want from your holiday.

Bob

Mentioned in this post
Lassi
Lassi
Cephalonia, Greece
Lixouri
Lixouri
Cephalonia, Greece
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
346 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lixouri or Lassi

Lixouri is a bit remote imo. I would pick Lassi. Are you looking to mix and meet plenty of ppl? If so I would go for a small but lively hotel or complex with a scene (greek nights etc) rather than a few studios without a pool or bar.

Mentioned in this post
Lixouri
Lixouri
Cephalonia, Greece
Lassi
Lassi
Cephalonia, Greece
staffordshire
Level Contributor
1,450 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lixouri or Lassi

definitley Lassi. ear to capital if you dont hire a car also can catch ferry over to Lixouri for a few hours.

Mentioned in this post
Lassi
Lassi
Cephalonia, Greece
Lixouri
Lixouri
Cephalonia, Greece
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,825 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lixouri or Lassi

Thanks for all your comments I like the thought of Lassi any recommendations of a hotel I like the small and friendly complex

Mentioned in this post
Lassi
Lassi
Cephalonia, Greece
Level Contributor
5,105 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lixouri or Lassi

Hi kaz, plenty of choice, are you going TO or indipendent & hotel over apartment? When we were there in Sept there was a lady on her own who said she had no prob coming to Kef as it was perfectly safe.

Dudley, United...
Level Contributor
123 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lixouri or Lassi

I think Irelena hotel on main street would suit you its small and has a very friendly bar where guests solo or couples meet in the evening, also tavernas on the doorstep. You could also use Marianna's pool again a lovely friendly place. Hope you get sorted.

South East UK
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lixouri or Lassi

I would agree that Irelena hotel looked like a great little meeting place when we walked past of an evening. Its on the main road as well so you would feel completely safe walking back there at night - not that anywhere is unsafe but some accommodation is along dark pathways.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,913 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lixouri or Lassi

definately Lassi and have a day in Lixouri from Agostolli

Mentioned in this post
Lassi
Lassi
Cephalonia, Greece
Lixouri