We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moving on from Pozzallo - 3 Days in Sicily

Dublin
Level Contributor
10 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Moving on from Pozzallo - 3 Days in Sicily

Hi

Looking for Sicilian travel advice.

My wife and I are planning 3 days in Sicily during our holiday in Malta. We arrive in Pozzallo by ferry from Malta on Wednesday the 21st of September at 08:15 and then return to Malta by ferry at 21:30 on Friday 23rd of September (we may actually just take a bus departing Catania at 18.30 with the ferry at 21.30 from Pozzallo). We plan to see a few places such as Siracusa, Agrigento and Taormina.

(1.) Can anyone advise on the best transport for leaving Siracusa?

(2.) I saw on lefrecce.it that there is a train at 08.54 to Siracusa - is this too tight on time? Does the ferry normally run to schedule? My plan was to make it to Siracusa by train, enjoy the day there and the next day rent a car to see either Agrigento or Taormina.

(3.) Should I just rent a car in Pozzallo and, if so, any recommendations?

(4.) Are the towns I plan to visit too spread out to do in 3 days? If so, any recommendations on an alternative itinerary?

Aidan O'Connor

Mentioned in this post
Pozzallo
Pozzallo
Sicily, Italy
Catania
Catania
Sicily, Italy
Agrigento
Agrigento
Sicily, Italy
Taormina
Taormina
Sicily, Italy
3 replies to this topic
modica
Level Contributor
2,202 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moving on from Pozzallo - 3 Days in Sicily

Rent a car. You need to drop Agritgento or Taormina otherwise you will spend your three days int he car nad not see anything. You could quite easily spend your time driving up to Noto and on to Siracusa, before returning to Pozzallo via Modica or Scicli. Taormina is 2.5 hours from Pozzallo as is Agrigento. Siracusa is an hour or so in the car, but if you are on public transport you can double those times. I would reduce your itinerary and allow yourself to actually see the places you want to visit.

Mentioned in this post
Taormina
Taormina
Sicily, Italy
Noto
Noto
Sicily, Italy
Pozzallo
Pozzallo
Sicily, Italy
Modica
Modica
Sicily, Italy
Scicli
Scicli
1,432 Reviews
Sicily, Italy
Agrigento
Agrigento
Sicily, Italy
Dublin
Level Contributor
10 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moving on from Pozzallo - 3 Days in Sicily

Thanks for the advice. Any idea whether there are reliable car rental firms operating in Pozzallo. I've only previous experience with the international firms and they do not appear to be in the area.

Mentioned in this post
Pozzallo
Pozzallo
Sicily, Italy
London, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Moving on from Pozzallo - 3 Days in Sicily

Hi AidanOC, was it easy to rent a car in Pozzallo? Looking to do a similar trip this summer

Mentioned in this post
Pozzallo
Pozzallo
Sicily, Italy
Reply to: Moving on from Pozzallo - 3 Days in Sicily
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pozzallo