We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diving

London, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Diving

We are staying at the Sandra Papagayo in September. Please can you recommend diving centres in PB? Last time we went was 4 years ago and we found a lovely German guy in a shack somewhere along the promenade by the Princess Yaiza, but cannot remember his name. Is he still there? Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Papagayo
Papagayo
101 Reviews
Lanzarote, Spain
Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel Resort
Princesa Yaiza Suite...
4,331 Reviews
Lanzarote, Spain
Cappuccino Food & Drink
$, Italian, Cafe, International
Avenida 55
$$ - $$$, Italian, Pizza, Mediterranean
Chacho Fresh Burger
$, Spanish, British, American
2 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Diving

The best place to ask questions about dive operators is a diving specific forum. The Dive Forum .com would be a good start.

I would strongly advise you to research and contact an operator before hand as some can be extremely sketchy.

Without knowing your experience I would recommend two shops on the Island. If you're in Playa Blanca then Rubicon Diving are very hard to beat. A very well run operation that cater for all levels of diving. This is also the best (only) choice for technical diving on the island. However, I'm guessing if that's what you're after you'd know.

If you're in Costa Teguise or Puerto Del Carmen then I would recommend Calipso (based in Costa Teguise). No brainer if you're staying in Costa Teguise. English operators and a good set up. They have mini buses that travel up and down the island and they go to the best variety of sites. Some of the best diving is up north near Mala (lava caves). They'll pick you up from either resort.

I would not recommend a Puerto del Carmen based operator. They have great diving just off the beach. It's super easy. However, this makes them lazy. They're unlikely to take you anywhere else. Rubicon and Calipso both dive the Puerto del Carmen sites but you also get the variety of diving at either end of the island.

Edited: 05 June 2018, 16:35
Mentioned in this post
Playa Blanca
Playa Blanca
Lanzarote, Spain
Rubicon Diving
Rubicon Diving
406 Reviews
Lanzarote, Spain
Costa Teguise
Costa Teguise
Lanzarote, Spain
Puerto Del Carmen
Puerto Del Carmen
Lanzarote, Spain
Level Contributor
356 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Diving

My husband always uses Carlos and team at non stop diving up the steps by the burger king, on the left upstairs. Very central and excellent standards

Reply to: Diving
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted