We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation to and from Liberia and while in Nosara

Burlington
4 posts
Save Topic
Transportation to and from Liberia and while in Nosara

Hi - my husband and I will be traveling to Nosara from the USA in Feb. 2015. We are wondering what is recommended as far as travel to and from the Liberia airport for when we arrive and depart. We are trying to decide if it is better to rent a ride to get to and from the airport for arrival and departure, or if we should rent a car. In case it makes a difference, we arrive in Liberia at 1pm and we depart Liberia at 8am.

We will be there for two weeks and are wondering if there are rental car places in Nosara for day trips. Or is it better to rent a car for the entire two weeks? We are open to different types of travel ideas (the atvs, bikes, etc) so any info regarding these is welcome and appreciated. We plan on partaking in activities like SUP, seeing the turtles, zip-lining and anything else that sounds fun and we are curious if we will need a car to get around or if we can hop on a group bus (like a day trip group) or take a taxi to get places?

Also, we are doing very little planning for this trip as far as day to day activities, but I would welcome any tips on must-dos or must-sees during the month of Feb.

Thanks in advance for your help. We are excited for our winter get away!

Mentioned in this post
Liberia
Liberia
Province of Guanacaste, Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,653 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation to and from Liberia and while in Nosara

For transportation to and from the airport, you have some choices. There are shared van shuttles - but - I'm not sure you can use one of these with your flight schedule. They go to a set schedule, and that is typically in the morning, but not as early as you will need to be at your departing flight. So, unless you rent a car, your best bet will be to arrange private transportation from and to and airport. Check with http://tropicaltourshuttles.com/ or www.ecotranscostarica.com or www.anywherecostarica.com (click on transportation)

I have to ask -- you are staying in Nosara for two weeks? Most people like to split up their trip by staying at a beach location and at a mountain/volcano location. But -- your choice, of course.

To get around once you are in Nosara, you can use a mixture of transportation modes - including organized tours that include transportation to do some excursions. And no, you can't just "hop on a group bus" - really the only buses available are public buses that go from town to town. You would be dependent on taxis.

I would consider renting a car for a week of your visit or even for a day here and there. There are both National and Toyota rental car offices in Nosara -- stay away from Economy, it's bad news.

Punta Uva, Costa...
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation to and from Liberia and while in Nosara

Here is a list of taxi drivers that I found, not sure if all or any are still around doing business,

Taxis - Taxistas

Business Name Tel.#1 Tel.#2 FAX Website

Abel (Van) 8812-8470

Alamo Rent-A-Car 2682-0300 2682-0300 info@nosaratravel.com

Anthony (Van) 8823-7529

Freddy Taxi(Van) 2682-0442 8836-7630

Jose (Pick-up) 8833-3752

Miguel (Van) 8896-7154

Nosara Travel 2682-0300 2682-0300 info@nosaratravel.com

Reef Travel 2682-1000

Rodolfo (Jeep) 8826-3544

Victor (Jeep) 8823-0994

ViNo (Na) (Van) 8812-8470 abelavila@costarricense.cr

Burlington
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation to and from Liberia and while in Nosara

HattieCostaRica -

Thank you for all your information and suggestions. They helped us out a lot.

Yes, we are staying in Nosara for 2 weeks. Looking forward to it! And by " hop on a group bus (like a day trip group)" I meant organized tours that we sign up for to do some excursion - that's why I said day trip group.

Thanks for your help!

Burlington
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation to and from Liberia and while in Nosara

Cubanon - Thanks for that list!

5. Re: Transportation to and from Liberia and while in Nosara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 December 2014, 00:39
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation to and from Liberia and while in Nosara

Hi Nosara amigos...

We plan on traveling to Nosara in late March 2015. We plan on renting a car -do you recommend renting a car at the Liberia airport for the drive to Nosara, or is it more practical to get a ride and then pick up the rental in Nosara?

Any input/advice is appreciated!

Edited: 02 January 2015, 02:14
Mentioned in this post
Liberia
Liberia
Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,653 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation to and from Liberia and while in Nosara

Rent your car in Liberia and drive to Nosara. It's not a difficult drive.

Mentioned in this post
Liberia
Liberia
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transportation to and from Liberia and while in Nosara

Thanks!

9. Re: Transportation to and from Liberia and while in Nosara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 January 2016, 14:17
Get answers to your questions about Nosara