We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tynemouth

Epping, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
Tynemouth

Can anyone please advise where to stay in Tynemouth? Wouldnt be there until 8ish pm on a Thursday night and its just for one night.

Thanks.

4 replies to this topic
Cullercoats, United...
Level Contributor
626 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tynemouth

You could try The Grand Hotel or the Martineau guest House but I would avoid The Park Hotel! Hope you get sorted and have a nice stay.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
322 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tynemouth

The Grand is a beutiful building with sea views if you are at the front. Straight on to the long sands. Restaurant and pub attached, In good walking distance of Tynemouth village for more cafes, restaurants and pubs.

Edgware
Level Contributor
4 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tynemouth

While you're in Tynemouth I'd recommend a visit to Crusoe's - the lovely café right on the beach near the Grand. TripAdvisor has just published my review of it but haven't incorporated my "Very Good" ratings so it still shows as the other reviewer's "Terrible". (Anyone know how to get them to correct it?)

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
15,020 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tynemouth

Hi there, I suspect it will appear at some point - sometimes it takes a wee while for certain aspects of reviews to churn, including the popularity index positions.

You have given the place a four star excellent review so I don't see why it would bother you so much. Half of you review is effectively a denial of the previous persons review which is not really good internet etiquette on so many levels. A review is all about personal experience and expectations and you would have been better to just write from your own personal experience without referring to a previous terrible review, as this just serves to highlight that someone really didnt like the place.

Reply to: Tynemouth
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tynemouth