We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trip to San Pancho, bus or taxi?

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
262 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Day Trip to San Pancho, bus or taxi?

We've been to Sayulita and Rincon de Guyabitos a number of times but not to San Pancho so we're thinking of checking it out on a day trip. Depending on how many of us make the trek, we'll either take the bus or taxi-van. If we bus it, I think it's the Pacifico, correct, or is there another bus that will take us there? Also any idea as to the cost? I can look into taxi-van costs here, but if anyone knows off-hand, please let me know.

Also any other logistical issues that we need to know beforehand? For example if we bus it, do they drop us off on the highway and if so how long is the walk into town?

Mentioned in this post
Sayulita
Sayulita
Riviera Nayarit, Mexico
14 replies to this topic
Lethbridge, Alberta
Level Contributor
86 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Trip to San Pancho, bus or taxi?

We did the trip today with a taxi/van. Six of us. 8:30 AM to about 3:30 PM from Bucerias. Went to San Pancho first (had breakfast there) and then up to Lo De Marcos for lunch and a walk on the beach there. Total cost was $ 2500. Driver just waited while we did our thing(a long day for him but he did not seem to mind at all). As far as the bus goes, just ask before you get on and there should be no problem. Enjoy.

Mentioned in this post
Bucerias
Bucerias
Riviera Nayarit, Mexico
Aylmer, Canada
Level Contributor
2,481 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Trip to San Pancho, bus or taxi?

We like the bus and that's how we get to Lo de Marcos. I think it stops on the hwy at San Pancho, and doesnt go into the town.

Toronto
Level Contributor
242 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day Trip to San Pancho, bus or taxi?

Johnny

Where did you have lunch in Lo De Marcos? How was it ? Did you like the town. We are thinking of heading there soon.

Lethbridge, Alberta
Level Contributor
86 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day Trip to San Pancho, bus or taxi?

Arcadia's. About 5 blocks up from the beach and one street over to the left (south) off the main street going into town. Very close to the town square. If you send me your email address I will send you the picture my wife took of the place. They are closed Sundays. We went with friends who were there last year and liked it. They were not wrong. Had a Ceasar Salad with shrimp that was very good. The others had Tortilla Soup and said it was the best they have ever had while down here and that is why they wanted to return to the place. When we got there we met a guy coming out that said his favourite lunch is there is the BLT. Quite a varied menu.

Lethbridge, Alberta
Level Contributor
86 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day Trip to San Pancho, bus or taxi?

It's A r c e l i a ' s not Arcadia's.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
262 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day Trip to San Pancho, bus or taxi?

Thank you for the comments regarding bus vs. taxi from Bucerias to San Pancho. FYI, we ended up taking the Pacifico bus. It dropped us off on the highway and it was a leisurely 15 minute stroll into town and to the beach. Had a wonderful day!

Mentioned in this post
Bucerias
Bucerias
Riviera Nayarit, Mexico
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day Trip to San Pancho, bus or taxi?

We've done this trip. The buses are less frequent from Bucerias all the way there but sayulitas buses (compostella) go very regularly and once in sayulitas the bus leaves the same bus stop about every 30 minutes to San pancho or further. The times are written up On a whiteboard atm. Grab a taco or a drink if you have a bto y to wait just down the road. :)

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
374 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day Trip to San Pancho, bus or taxi?

Do you catch the Pacifica bus at a bus station or just a bus stop (for San Pancho) in Bucarias?

We will be at paradise villages and make our way to Bucarias. Thanks

Edited: 24 April 2018, 19:14
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
262 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day Trip to San Pancho, bus or taxi?

The Pacifico bus stops only at the bus station located on the lateral across from Centro.

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
374 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Day Trip to San Pancho, bus or taxi?

Thanks, real quick question what are the cross streets for Centro?

Reply to: Day Trip to San Pancho, bus or taxi?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted