We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning holiday

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
318 posts
121 reviews
Save Topic
Planning holiday

We are looking for accommodation on east coast and Torri keeps coming up. We want to get ferries to other towns but want east coast. Where is best to stay ? If we stay in Torri is it easy to travel with car?

12 replies to this topic
Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake Garda, Lake Garda, Nago
Level Contributor
6,079 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning holiday

Torri del Benaco is a lovely smaller town and with a car it would be easy to get around. However, the passenger ferry services are quite infrequent but there is a car ferry that goes across to Maderno on the western shore. There are buses north as far as Riva del Garda and also south to Peschiera del Garda, for Verona you would need to change buses in Garda. Be sure to check the location of accommodation carefully as often they can be out of the town or on the busy main road.

If you wanted somewhere with better ferriy services and more lively you could look at Garda or Bardolino.

When will you will be travelling, this is the current ferry timetable which may help.

navigazionelaghi.it/g_download/…202017.pdf

Verona, Italy
Destination Expert
for Verona
Level Contributor
1,623 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning holiday

If you have a car, it could be ideal...just didway from Riva to Peschiera...

And I love it...

Ciao

Francesco

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
318 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning holiday

Where is the best place to stay for ferries to different areas? Don't want busy (happy to drive to different places- no idea re parking situ on the lake...) I'd like to revisit Riva, Malcesine and Bardolino. Maybe up to Limone. If there's a better Base let me know. Many thanks

Munich
Level Contributor
6,761 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Planning holiday

Bardolino or Garda

Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake Garda, Lake Garda, Nago
Level Contributor
6,079 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Planning holiday

Agree, Bardolino or Garda, better ferry and bus services. The less busy the town the less services.

Edited: 24 July 2017, 22:23
Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
8,063 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Planning holiday

When are you travelling? If it's during the main summer months then most places will be busy.

If a town/village is quiet then, as has been said, it usually means it has fewer ferry services.

I agree with the suggestions of Garda and Bardolino but it really depends what you want to do and where you want to visit. If travelling to Riva, Malcesine and Limone is important then maybe actually staying in Malcesine would be better.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
318 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Planning holiday

Haven't been to Lake Garda for 20 years this time, with husband. I'd like to cover quite a bit and love boats. I thought we could hop on boats to many towns. I need to do homework! I don't mind staying somewhere quiet as long as we can get to wherever the best place for transport is. Nearly all the east cost rentals come up in Torre. Even when I put in Bardolino. Would rather self catering than hotel. Like the freedom.

Munich
Level Contributor
6,761 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Planning holiday

There are very much rentals in Bardolino and Garda. Maybe have a look here:

https://www.vrbo.com

There are many other websites, but unfortunately I only know the german ones.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
318 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Planning holiday

Thanks Will look !

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
8,063 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Planning holiday

Self-catering apartments are often referred to as 'residences', so you could try using that when searching.

gardalake.com/residence-holiday-apartments.h…

lago-di-garda.org/residence-lake-garda.asp

www.visitgarda.com/en/residence-lake-garda/

http://www.lakegarda.com/residences.php

Reply to: Planning holiday
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Torri del Benaco
More Torri del Benaco Topics