We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather?

Rotherham, England...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Weather?

Hi,

I'm going to Torri in September and just wanted to check what the weather is gonna be like? I've read on several websites that it is generally good with some nice sunshine but it also states that June is a good month to go aswell with good weather. However I keep checking the webcam on the Torri website and there seems to be more grey and miserable looking days than there is with bright glorious hot sun shine (Tanning weather)!

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
8,063 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather?

Hi, September in general is a good month to go to the lake. This is a link to average weather at Lake Garda but there are no guarantees for September or any time of year.

lake-garda-revealed.com/lake-garda-weather.h…

Weather forecasts are rarely accurate for more than a day or two ahead. I just got back from a week at Garda (the next town to Torri). The forecast showed thunderstorms almost every afternoon, but we didn't get any storms or indeed any rain in the entire week! The average temperature in June is 26 degrees but we had temperatures in the 33-37C range every day.

Rotherham, England...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather?

Thanks,

Was there any hot sun shine? (Clear blue skies)? I thought the lake was guaranteed sun throughout the summer!

Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake Garda, Lake Garda, Nago
Level Contributor
6,084 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather?

There are no guarantees with the weather at Lake Garda at any time of year. As Scozzese said you cannot trust a forecast for more than 24/48 hours, I have always found this forecast to be quite accurate for short term, they also have a weather archive section (archivio)

http://www.ilmeteo.it/meteo/Torri+del+Benaco

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
8,063 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather?

Yes, we had days of blue sky and hot sunshine, but we also had days when there was a heat haze and we couldn't see across to the other side of the lake.

<<I thought the lake was guaranteed sun throughout the summer!>

The summer months are in general hot and sunny, but thunderstorms are quite common although they are usually short-lived. Having said that, last summer was very poor weather-wise with cool temperatures and rain but that was the case through much of Europe.

Will your hotel in Torri have a pool? There is a stretch of pebble beach to the north of the town but the area in general isn't known for its beaches.

cheshire, england
Level Contributor
5,967 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather?

Hi, You really shouldn't go to Lake Garda *expecting* constantly glorious weather - bear in mind this is lakes & mountains region! You will more than likely get good weather but as tepore says, nothing is guaranteed. Clear blue sky days are of course possible but it would be quite rare to have constantly clear skies. Don't forget you can still get a nice suntan with a bit of cloud in the sky!

Torri is gorgeous, btw - our avatar photo was taken there (it was a clear sky day in September)

Have a great time!!

Edited: 18 June 2015, 20:18
Rotherham, England...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather?

Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for your replies! Our hotel does have a pool where staying at the Hotel Eden which is a 5-10 minute walk from the centre of Torri!

We'll just have to take it as it comes! I've been to the lake before but stayed in Riva and for the full week it was red hot sun! So we will just have to see.

We also have excursions booked to Venice,Verona and a coach tour around the lake stopping off at the different towns!

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
8,063 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather?

Torri doesn't have as regular a passenger-ferry service as most other towns but you will be able to use the buses up and down the eastern shore, or travel as foot passengers on the car ferry across to Maderno on the western shore.

navigazionelaghi.it/g_download/…20ESTATE.pdf

navigazionelaghi.it/g_download/…20ESTATE.pdf

…verona.it/flex/…

Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather?

Hi there we are staying at hotel Eden in two weeks

How was the hotel ?

9. Re: Weather?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2017, 16:19
Get answers to your questions about Torri del Benaco
More Torri del Benaco Topics