We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there a boat to take you to Castelletto from Tori

connecticut
Level Contributor
359 posts
261 reviews
Save Topic
Is there a boat to take you to Castelletto from Tori

Tori del Benaco, to Castelletto - no car

does the ferry go back and forth...?

14 replies to this topic
Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake Garda, Lake Garda, Nago
Level Contributor
6,086 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there a boat to take you to Castelletto from Tori

As said previously, the summer timetables are not available yet, you already have the 2015 schedule as a guide but here it is again

navigazionelaghi.it/file2/…202015.pdf

There was one direct ferry from Torri in the mornings at 11:17 and one ferry back from Castelletto at 16:58 but they may be different this year. Generally ferry services from/to Torri are few and far between.

There is a bus between Torrie and Castelletto, and all towns up the eastern shore. Again the summer timetables are not available until early June.

connecticut
Level Contributor
359 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there a boat to take you to Castelletto from Tori

I have such trouble reading these boat charts...is the timetable for Tori to Castelletto shown here an hour or less boat ride, looks like 1 hour going at 11:17, and then 1/2 hour back to Tori at 16:58 is that correct?

suppose this could not be more that 5 euros? any clue...too bad we cannot just walk, but it is a bit far..the reason I want to go to Castelletto is to try Ristorante Umberto's which looks very nice, could not find any good hotels in the town, so stayed at Tori instead...would have stayed there a few days, did not look like much lodging exists...that is not run down..etc.. here is the amazing Ristorante da Umberto

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Revie…

cheshire, england
Level Contributor
5,975 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there a boat to take you to Castelletto from Tori

Hi, yes, you have read the timetable correctly..

But I thought you were looking for hotels in Malcesine? Did decide on Torri in the end?

connecticut
Level Contributor
359 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is there a boat to take you to Castelletto from Tori

decided on 9 nights in Tori, and then 8 nights in Malcesine....we are very slow travelers...Tori looks like an amazing place, I am always looking for old world charm...like it used to be...that seems to be.

Malcesine, I have breezed through for a day trip, it is crowded...but to stay there I think it would be entirely different especially in the evenings, when the crowds are gone. Will likely visit Limone...again....

I am very impressed with Tori though...have not been there yet...pictures look amazing..so much to walk to there!

cheshire, england
Level Contributor
5,975 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is there a boat to take you to Castelletto from Tori

Torri is delightful - and it's even fairly quiet in the daytimes because of so few ferries stopping there. Our avatar photo was taken in Torri ;o)

We have only stayed one night in Malcesine. It was just so my sister and brother-in-law could see a little more of the northern part of the lake. We were staying in Bardolino at the time and just took an overnight bag with us and stayed at Hotel San Marco right on the harbour. But you are correct - a completely different place in the evenings once the day-trippers leave..

connecticut
Level Contributor
359 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is there a boat to take you to Castelletto from Tori

Have been to Sirmione and Bardolino...all nice, but Salo was really old world charm, with a huge promenade lake walk...so preferred Salo....looking forward to Tori del Benaco and Malcesine...seems in the evenings there are lots of places to take in the views with prossecco, etc. and music...the evenings look amazing too. I think having the 2 destinations so close will make it easy to move to the next by taxi, and then having a good amount of days will allow us to become locals...slow travel is always the way...anything off the beaten path, always seems to be better... agree, Tori is better preserved with less boats, what a great thing that is...as compared to Sirmione which is just too crowded, as some of the others....

Edited: 09 April 2016, 19:24
Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,086 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is there a boat to take you to Castelletto from Tori

The ferry to Castelletto will be €6.50 each way. During the summer busesin the eastern shore usually run late and there should be an hourly bus between the two towns, that would cost you €2.

The lack of hotels in Castelletto is because it such a small place, certainly not a 'town' more of a hamlet. It is.a very pretty place though.

I am slightly worried by your comment that there is 'so much to walk there' in regard to Torri. Torri is more of a village than a town, you could walk from one end to the other in under 15 minutes. Yes, it is a lovely place , we always visit for a few hours, but it is small.

Edited: 09 April 2016, 21:33
connecticut
Level Contributor
359 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is there a boat to take you to Castelletto from Tori

Thanks for your excellent travel tips! so much to walk to - I mean lots of restaurants, cafes to sit at with lakeview...and all the little back streets, plus the lake front walk must lead to more little hamlets...there seems to be an abundance of places to have a waterfront lunch or dinner...so this is what I mean...we like the weekly mercato ...plus if we really need more variety I can take the ferry to Castelletto - or some other close places...not really looking for museums or any attractions, just the natural beauty of the lake front, and the dining...walking to see maybe some gardens and views...the time goes so fast, you know once you unpack it flies by...so as the saying goes the sweet art of doing nothing, .....

Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,086 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is there a boat to take you to Castelletto from Tori

Unfortunately the lake front does not lead to any other hamlets nearby. There is a path going northwards but until you get further north its quite rough path and runs directly next to the road. The first place going north is Pai about 6 kms but there really is nothing there at all. Going south there is walk that eventually comes out to Garda but not along the lakeside, I believe the walk is along streets then onto a path and there is also a section actually along the road, which is the main reason we have never done this walk. There are some views of the lake from the path. .

If you feel energetic you could walk up to the village of Albisano high above Torri, but it is very steep and is mostly on the road.

There are no gardens on the eastern shore of the lake.

Further south starting at Garda there is a lakeside path passing through Bardolino and Lasize all the way down to Peschiera del Garda. You could join the path at any of the above towns using either the ferry or the bus.

connecticut
Level Contributor
359 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is there a boat to take you to Castelletto from Tori

Thanks for the great advice....I guess we will mostly stay put in Tori then........not fond of walking near roadways...paths yes...lakefront yes. Seems it is large enough to keep busy. We found Stresa large enough to keep busy for a 10 day stay, although the Borromeo islands (3) of them sure give you a great option during the day. Is Tori about as big as the walkable part of Stresa..in comparison? Curious...

Reply to: Is there a boat to take you to Castelletto from Tori
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Torri del Benaco
More Torri del Benaco Topics