We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Halfway point between Revelstoke and Glacier US?

Westborough...
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Halfway point between Revelstoke and Glacier US?

We are looking for a place to stop that is about halfway between Revlestoke and Whitefish Mountain Resort in Montana to spend the night. So far I've seen places like Fairmont Hot springs, Invemere or Kimberly but we'd like to pick a place that has something interesting to see/do and not something that is just a place to sleep and break up the drive. Any suggestions?

Mentioned in this post
Whitefish Mountain Resort
Whitefish Mountain Resort
896 Reviews
Whitefish, MT
Montana
Montana
United States
3 replies to this topic
Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
19,496 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Halfway point between Revelstoke and Glacier US?

FYI

also posted on the BC forum with a reply https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g154922…

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
7,937 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Halfway point between Revelstoke and Glacier US?

When is your trip?

There aren't really that many options "half way" - the three you mention are pretty much what's on offer, other than a few very small towns. And I think any of those places would be interesting and have things do -- that part of BC is popular for a reason!

Invermere or Windermere would offer all the activities associated with lakes with mountain views to boot. Not as familiar with Kimberly, and I think Fairmont Hot Springs, while it has some hiking, is really centered aroudn the resort/hot springs.

Westborough...
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Halfway point between Revelstoke and Glacier US?

We are going this July, thanks for the input!

Reply to: Halfway point between Revelstoke and Glacier US?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted