We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquitos

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
38 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Mosquitos

Hi Are there many mosquitos in Argassi if so does anyone have any tips for helping to keep them away please.Should I buy in the UK or is it better to buy local. Not arriving until September and last time I went to Greece I was bitten alive.Thanks for any advice.

Mentioned in this post
Argassi
Argassi
Zakynthos, Greece
Greece
Greece
Europe
26 replies to this topic
Gomersal, United...
Level Contributor
310 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mosquitos

We always use Boots insect repellent and Mosi bands off Amazon and are always ok.

Milton Keynes...
Destination Expert
for Argassi
Level Contributor
5,518 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mosquitos

Mozzies in Argassi im afraid but as to how many usually depends on weather conditions.I was out end of june and only had the odd bite.I use wipes on arms and legs.One thing I always do is use plug ins for the room this helps keep them away.

One last thing try and keep away from foilage when sitting out at night and of course still water as mozzies tend to like these areas and like you if your sitting near them.

Mentioned in this post
Argassi
Argassi
Zakynthos, Greece
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
442 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mosquitos

Started using Deet a couple of years ago and never regretted it. Only had 2/3 bites in last couple of years and thats usually been an ant bite.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
38 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mosquitos

Thanks very much for all your advice I will be prepared for battle stocking up with the lot... metro centre here we come wipes plug ins and Deet.

Lowestoft
Level Contributor
1,457 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mosquitos

Wilko's own brand mossi spray with 50% deet seems very affective + at only £2-50 very good value.

Cheltenham
Level Contributor
124 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mosquitos

Also use lemon shower gel and do not wear perfume

CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
for Gran Canaria, Alykes, Alykanas
Level Contributor
7,091 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mosquitos

Another thumbs up for Wilko insect repellent, very good product and price. Look for the white can with a cartoon style insect on it, also available online:- http://www.wilko.com/sun-care+insect-repellent/wilko-insect-repellent-spray-extra-strength-100ml/invt/0250846

Edited: 08 July 2017, 15:25
CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
for Gran Canaria, Alykes, Alykanas
Level Contributor
7,091 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mosquitos

Sorry just click this link, I keep forgetting to compress some addresses:- https://tinyurl.com/y94lqa2n

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
38 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mosquitos

Thank you I will definitely try it. Totally forgot about them when I booked to be honest.Never been to Argassi and Diana Palace seems to be getting good reviews can't wait. 8 weeks 3 days and counting.

Mentioned in this post
Argassi
Argassi
Zakynthos, Greece
Diana Palace Hotel
Diana Palace Hotel
1,613 Reviews
Zakynthos, Greece
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mosquitos

We were over in June used the repellent spray from aldi on our arms and legs at night . We also used the wall plugin for our room at night and not one mosquito bit

George

Reply to: Mosquitos
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Argassi
More Argassi Topics