We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquitos

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
28 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Mosquitos

Hi Are there many mosquitos in Argassi if so does anyone have any tips for helping to keep them away please.Should I buy in the UK or is it better to buy local. Not arriving until September and last time I went to Greece I was bitten alive.Thanks for any advice.

26 replies to this topic
Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Mosquitos

I've just returned from a week in Argassi, I did take insect repellent and plug ins but didn't need them, none of us got bitten, my husband is usually a mozzie magnet so he was happy to be bite free this holiday!

dundee
Level Contributor
706 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Mosquitos

Oudorless garlic capsules and vitamin B complex tabs a couple of weeks before you go and take them when you are there. Avon original skin so soft dry oil spray and a lemon scented shower gel. I am usually a mossie magnet but not been bitten in June this year or Sept. last year. The vitamins and garlic capsules cheap as chips from Aldis

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
28 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Mosquitos

Thank you everyone I am really paranoid because I get a dreadful reaction to the bites. I feel so stupid that I forgot about the mosquitos when I booked...still looking forward to going 7 weeks tomorrow. Good job I booked extra weight for all the repellent/tablets/plug ins/bands

Level Contributor
32 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Mosquitos

Mozzies... 2011 Corfu: eaten alive. 2014 Kos:50 bites ( I counted!). 2017 Zante:none!!! Holland & Barrett recommended vitamin B1 from a week before holiday. Was abou £3 for a bottle of 200. Also bought their deet-free spray on repellant in the black bottle. Not one single bite, . None. Nada! Whether it was the vitamins, sprays or whatever... Will be taking same precautions whenever I go away again.

morecambe
Level Contributor
245 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Mosquitos

Definitely rate the Wilco 50% deet mozzie spray , picture of red mosquito not the non deet child friendly green one unless of course the packaging has changed, same as over priced and rated jungle formula, read somewhere deet will damage plastic so beware of where you spray it,marmite b1 and garlic proven to not work.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Mosquitos

Just come back and there were mozzis about. We had those plug in repellents and switched them on around 6pm until we got up. We also used the jungle formula spray on arms and legs and only one bite between the 3 of us all holiday.

Bradford
Level Contributor
47 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Mosquitos

I used the mosquito milk from Amazon not cheap ,but I didn't get bitten once in Cyprus this year and they normally love me .

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Mosquitos

I have just returned from argassi and I do not normally get bothered by mossies very much.However on the last evening they really went to town and i got about 10 bites when i went out.Of course I stupidlyforgot to put on any mossie repellent spray.Live and learn.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
28 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Mosquitos

Well I have just come back. After reading all your comments I got the plug in for the room the wrist bands and the Wilco red 50% deet and blue can you spray after a bite. I was paranoid about getting bitten because of the reaction I get. I only got bitten once I used the blue spray straight away and it was like magic-no swelling or itching nothing. Highly recommend getting both of these.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Mosquitos

Was there two weeks ago and only got bit once on the night of a bad thunderstorm, presumably the=at woke them up ha. Never used anything beforehand. The 10 billion wasps were more of a pain than mosquitos

Reply to: Mosquitos
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Argassi
More Argassi Topics