We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waskesiu Golf Course

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
23 reviews
Save Topic
Waskesiu Golf Course

There doesnt seem to be anything on tripadvisor about the Lobstick Course inside Prince Albert national park. Anybody been there recently. I remember it as one of the best courses in Saskatchewan, but it has been years.

3 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,207 posts
796 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waskesiu Golf Course

Here are some player reviews:

http://www.saskgolfer.com/coursereviews.php

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,571 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Waskesiu Golf Course

I played it last month. Still great, worth every penny. The famous old spruce on hole 1 is now gone and replaced by a new little tree, but small detail. Our round was a bit slow, but overall, Waskesui and Elk Ridge are some of the best golf for what you pay.

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Waskesiu Golf Course

Just came back from playing both Waskesiu Golf Course and Elk Ridge. Waskesiu was and is my favourite all-time course…and that includes Harbour Town Golf Links, the Old Course at St Andrews and Carnoustie! Waskesiu is currently in great condition, priced reasonably, and is one of the most beautiful and best layouts you'll ever play. It's also a very fair layout, in my opinion. The only quibbles are that a Monday afternoon round took 5 hours to complete but a Wednesday morning round was back to just over 4 hours. It's also a par 70…wish it was 72. The driving range is mickey mouse…hit off of mats…but those are minor issues. Elk Ridge, on the other hand, is one of the most frustrating and maddening layouts I've ever played. I'm not sure why I bother to play it except for a bit of variety when I'm up there playing Waskesiu. Few of the holes could be characterized as memorable. The scenery is beautiful but the course design stinks! Is there anything more frustrating than hitting a blind fairway shot and then coming over a hill to discover you've hit a beautiful shot right into the middle of a marsh?!? That happens on at least 3 or 4 holes on this mess. Not a word of warning or any hole diagrams anywhere on the score card. One of the measures of a poor layout is that well-struck shots end up in bad places and are penalized. That happens frequently on Elk Ridge.

Reply to: Waskesiu Golf Course
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Waskesiu
Recent Conversations