We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Immigration Papers on Line

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Immigration Papers on Line

I have just completed our immigration paper work online - back of the form states that everyone needs one. Usually when filling out the form on the plane, it’s one per family. Has anyone used the online form? Is it per family? Or individual?

9 replies to this topic
Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
29,794 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Immigration Papers on Line

The customs form is one per family. The FMM/tourist card is one per person.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
29,794 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Immigration Papers on Line

This is the one that is one per person

https:/…solicitud.html

United States
Level Contributor
77 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Immigration Papers on Line

We used these and it was very simple. But be sure to fold the paper back and forth on the line a lot so the immigration agent can tear it easily to give you the part you need to keep for return. We completed the customs form (one per family) on the plane as we always seem to receive those on the flights, but never the immigration forms anymore.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Immigration Papers on Line

Please disregard post. I’m loosing my mind -LOL

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Immigration Papers on Line

We were able to use the immigration forms we completed on line with no problems--as mentioned above we had the paper creased so the agent could easily tear the return piece you need for flight home. The customs form they would not accept the on line version and made us get out of line and complete a hard copy form. the agent would not explain why he would not accept. This was in terminal #3

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
29,794 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Immigration Papers on Line

None of these forms are hard to fill out in the plane. If in doubt, take one and complete it as backup.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
25 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Immigration Papers on Line

Our last 1/2 dozen flights on American Airlines, they did not have the individual immigration forms on board. It’s better to do them online. That way you don’t get behind in customs. Never had an customs agent have a problem with the online forms and yes...Pre fold them for easy tearing!!!

Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Immigration Papers on Line

They accepted the online immigration form, but did not accept the on line customs form. Had to get out of line and fill out their form.

Texas Gulf Coast...
Level Contributor
7,222 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Immigration Papers on Line

I travel to Mexico frequently enough that I just use the forms (i.e. the real FMM Mexican Government printed form) that they provide. I always have 1 or 2 blank spare forms (from a previous trip) that I just slip into my carry-on as I present the form I filled out at home. And I might grab a replacement or 2 while standing in line waiting for Immigration. I have not had to present a Mexican Customs form in my last 4 or 5 trips, even though I had the form completed and ready just in case they asked (they didn't). Safe travels.

¡Diviértanse!

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Reply to: Immigration Papers on Line
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted