We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay at Lefay worth it for a solo millennial traveler?

Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Stay at Lefay worth it for a solo millennial traveler?

Haven't taken a proper holiday in a while and need an escape from NYC stat. That means sun and nature for me, where the sun isn't too strong (last June suffered sun stroke in Israel for the first time in my life ever, so being cautious - I know I could travel during more of an off season but mama needs to a vacation, real bad).

And tbh, any kind of spa resort with scenic views sounds right up my alley.

BUT wanted to ask - will I suffer 30 y/o'd single lady fomo here (one of the reasons why I'm staying away from the Rivieras of the south)? And the weather/sun won't be that strong yeah? I don't mind the heat, it's just now my body can't seem to handle the sun.

6 replies to this topic
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
36,439 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stay at Lefay worth it for a solo millennial traveler?

Half of your post is irrelevant chatter but crucial practical information is missing such as WHEN this trip would be, which is relevant to the strength of the sun at that time. As I managed to burn myself in Tuscany 2 weeks ago, I don't know that you can bank on the sun being any less strong around Lake Garda in, say, August as in whatever you mean by "the Rivieras of the south" (there's only one Italian Riviera and it's not all that far south of Garda - and north of where I was last month)..

As to whether a stay at this particular spa resort would be "worth it" for YOU as a "solo millenial", I don't know how anybody could tell. I take it you have seen the reviews in https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g76… - which seem to be mostly from honeymooners/ couples.

Mentioned in this post
Garda
Garda
Province of Verona, Italy
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
110,152 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Stay at Lefay worth it for a solo millennial traveler?

Lefay Resort & SPA is fantastic, but perhaps another location and hotel would be more optimal for a 30 y/o'd single lady.

Vagabonda

Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stay at Lefay worth it for a solo millennial traveler?

@ Vagabonda - cheers for the note! This was the perfectly short and simple response I was looking for.

Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake Garda, Lake Garda, Nago
Level Contributor
6,688 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stay at Lefay worth it for a solo millennial traveler?

How hot the sun will be depends on when you are travelling, which we still don’t know. Gardone Riviera isn’t the best area for a solo traveller without transport.

Edited: 11 June 2018, 14:36
Mentioned in this post
Gardone Riviera
Gardone Riviera
Province of Brescia, Italy
Naples, Italy
Level Contributor
2,221 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stay at Lefay worth it for a solo millennial traveler?

Hi, sorry but there are so many contradictions within one single post. You call yourself "single lady fomo", and because of this reason you "want to stay out of the Rivieras of the south" (why?) but at the same time you want to stay in a spa hotel, which in Italy will be likely to be full of couples, many of them honeymooners, like remarked above.

You say you want to avoid warm temperatures yet you have chosen a country which from late Spring to early Autumn can get outrageously hot from North to South. Also in what part of Israel did you suffer from a sun stroke? I am sorry for what happened, but just of because that happened once, it doesn't mean that it will occur again so easily. As much as you're wisely equipped and drink regularly, and avoid very hot parts of the world during the hottest months of the year, you should be fine.

Have you considered also other countries as options? You may consider the Atlantic coasts of France, Northern Spain, or Mitteleuropean/Northern European countries (like Austria, Germany, the Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden etc.).

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
France
France
Europe
Spain
Spain
Europe
Austria
Austria
Europe
Germany
Germany
Europe
Denmark
Denmark
Europe
Sweden
Sweden
Europe
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
110,152 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Stay at Lefay worth it for a solo millennial traveler?

Susan N is planning to arrive in July as indicated on her other posts.

And yes Susan N, this isn't an optimal location for you.

Perhaps take a look at Riva del Garda

https://www.benesserelagodigarda.com/en/

Vagabonda

Mentioned in this post
Riva Del Garda
Riva Del Garda
Trento, Italy
Reply to: Stay at Lefay worth it for a solo millennial traveler?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted