We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st time in skala

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
1st time in skala

We are going next weekend for the 1st time, never been to greek Islands before, i was wondering on what kind of spend to take. Was thinking £200 per day for a couple. Will this be sufficient. Thanks

10 replies to this topic
Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
12,144 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st time in skala

Hi Jules,

That should be plenty. Even assuming you are going self catering. Breakfast around 6€ each, light lunch 12€, two course evening meal with some house wine say 15 -25€ per person. Breakfast and lunch can be cheaper if you buy fresh bread, cheese, pasties, fruit from a bakery or supermarket.

Boat or coach excursion around 40€ each, sunbed 7€ for two,

Car hire around 30€ per day.

You should be fine. Have a great time.

Bob

Edited: 09 August 2018, 13:06
Warwickshire...
Level Contributor
1,629 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st time in skala

Hi Jukes. You haven’t said what your preferences are but I would say that amount is ample to cover meals, drinks and maybe a couple of trips. You will find meals out reasonably priced, it’s always alcohol that pushes the bills up (no different to here really). Please do try Greek food, it’s the best cuisine out in my opinion. Skala is really nice, have been twice and thoroughly enjoyed it. If you do want to take in a trip or two, book them in the resort itself, it’s cheaper than through a rep if you are on a package deal. Be sure to get your euros here, always a better rate. Have a great holiday!! 😊😊

Edited: 09 August 2018, 13:13
Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st time in skala

Thanks, we are staying b&b at makis hotel, not really planning on doing to much except relax. Whats is the price of local beers etc

Warwickshire...
Level Contributor
1,629 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st time in skala

Sorry, I can’t help you with the very latest prices as it is a little while now since we were last in Skala. My recent experience of Greece generally is that a large local beer is about €3.50/4.00, cocktails anything from €6 upwards. House wine in the restaurants is usually quite good, about €6/7 for half a carafe. Hope someone with more recent knowledge of Skala will respond. Feel sure you will come back with excess euros, which I would save (if you can), because I doubt the exchange rate will improve in the future. Hope you have a great holiday and enjoy Skala as much as we did. 😊😊

Edited: 10 August 2018, 01:45
Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st time in skala

Thankyou, will hopefully enjoy skal, week on sunday

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
435 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 1st time in skala

Hi Jukes

That will be more than enough. As the other posters have said, eating and drinking is very reasonable in Skala...and very very tasty!

Enjoy Skala, it is wonderful

Dave

Somerset, United...
Level Contributor
83 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1st time in skala

When you say get Euros here. Do you mean here in Skala or here in Uk?many thanks.

Warwickshire...
Level Contributor
1,629 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1st time in skala

JAFFA. Get euros here in UK. Best rates are usually on-line purchase. 😊

Edited: 04 September 2018, 06:18
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 1st time in skala

My wife and I recently spent around £1000 for a week with meals out at Lunchtime and Dinner plus a Captain Vangelis special, never mind a few cocktails etc.

Get your Euros in Skala using a Starling card or equivalent as per money saving experts advise :)

Edited: 06 September 2018, 21:30
sheffield
Level Contributor
107 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 1st time in skala

We spend just under €1000 a week

Reply to: 1st time in skala
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Skala
Recent Conversations