We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LOP (Praya Airport) to Gili Air

Which Gili Air hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
LOP (Praya Airport) to Gili Air

If my plane arrives (from overseas) at 2.10pm, is this going to be too late to get a taxi to Bangsal and a boat across to Gili Air? I know all the locals at Bangsal try to tell you there are no boats in the afternoons, but this would be around 5.30pm I guess, so perhaps it would be better to stay the night on Lombok (but where?!) & take a boat next morning? Any ideas anyone? Thanks!

Lombok
Destination Expert
for Lombok
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LOP (Praya Airport) to Gili Air

I would probably stay on Lombok. A good budget hotel that used to be local to the old airport is Tjabe merah in Ampenan. With your timings it would make a good stop half way between airport and Bangsal. Another option closer to the airport would be Werde Hotel.

Bali
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: LOP (Praya Airport) to Gili Air

Grab a cab and go to Senggigi. Many touristy hotels there and u can bargain the price in the low season. I usually stay in Graha Hotel (less than $40 AUD) on the way to Gilis.

Next day get to Bangsal before 9.30 and go to the ticket office at the harbour and book your ticket on the local boat to whichever island u want

price is around 80c per person to Gili Air. Be prepared to wait a while.

Once u lob on the island many touts will try to get u to come to see overpriced bungalows, villas, homestays etc. But u can bargain. On Gili Air in low seaon I often get a room for around 7.50 AUD per night. Its basic but clean

Have fun

3. Re: LOP (Praya Airport) to Gili Air

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2014, 12:17
Get answers to your questions about Gili Air