We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mogan

Weymouth
Level Contributor
172 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
mogan

we're currently in beautiful puerto mogan n wondered if its worth getting a bus to mogan itself. been to anfi which is lovely what is aguinagin like? thnx

26 replies to this topic
South West England...
Level Contributor
2,755 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mogan

Not been to Mogan village for many years but when we last did it was just a typical small canarian village with a cafe/restaurant and a few local shops Arguiniguin is probably worth a visit. A bit more local character and old town with a harbour and seafront/beach but why not check it out on google maps streetview.

CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
for Gran Canaria, Alykes, Alykanas
Level Contributor
7,137 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mogan

I would go along with what Lucie has said, nothing much in Mogan itself but you can spend the day in Arguineguin. Go on market day for a few hours in the morning before having lunch and then explore the town on both sides of the main road running through it where there are several bus stops in both directions along it. Alternatively you can travel by coastal ferry from Puerto Mogan and Arguineguin in both directions. Just remember that Siesta is observed during the afternoons when many shops will close for a few hours from around 12-30 p.m. until around about 4-30 p.m.

Mentioned in this post
Mogan
Mogan
Gran Canaria, Spain
Arguineguin
Arguineguin
Gran Canaria, Spain
Mogan, Spain
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: mogan

Pueblo Mogan is becoming increasingly popular with many new restaurants and cafes now open. It is well worth the short journey to get out of the hustle and bustle of the resorts particularly on the Playa Mogan Friday market day.

Arguineguin is also improving and is I think destined to become the premier resort in Mogan.

Mentioned in this post
Mogan
Mogan
Gran Canaria, Spain
Arguineguin
Arguineguin
Gran Canaria, Spain
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: mogan

Went to Arginnigan on the Friday, saw the market, it's okay. Popped over to the residential side (inland from the main road). Saw authentic urbanisation and Eco areas. Little cafes when the proprietors don't necessarily speak English (no matter how loud and deliberate you say your words). Then walked along the beach front to a couple of hotels pass the Radisson Blu hotel. Nice day to honest for an Area that caters for mainly the Scandinavians and Germans.

Weymouth
Level Contributor
172 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: mogan

many thanks for all replies. this is our 2nd time in PM and we have noticed the changes, more building works n gangs of youths now,which we don't mind but changes all the same. that said it's still a lovely place as is Anfi beach. will now try aguineguin

Horncastle, United...
Level Contributor
990 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: mogan

@JackieBarr

"we have noticed the changes, more building works n gangs of youths now"

We hate change, particularly in Puerto Mogan. We have been three times and loved it but now turned off by all this development. What's with the gangs of youths?

Mentioned in this post
Mogan
Mogan
Gran Canaria, Spain
Ireland
Level Contributor
4,607 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: mogan

Ned, I imagine that was during or around some fiesta. Mogan is known for its laid back, low key /no night life. There is nothing to attract "gangs of youths".

Heading back in four weeks, for the third time this year. February next year already booked and paid for. ☺

Edited: 23 September 2017, 02:14
Mentioned in this post
Mogan
Mogan
Gran Canaria, Spain
London, United...
Level Contributor
539 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: mogan

We've seen some low key "gangs of youths" in the past but it's just the local youngsters out and about in the evening and being rather bored. Nothing sinister but sometimes noticeable. We've had to cancel Christmas holiday for the first time in ten years and want to move next year as well so not too sure when we will return. Changes are certainly afoot and not as sure about how much I love the place anymore. I do, but am beginning to enjoy other places for Easter sun and might start to look at others for future Winter options.

Horncastle, United...
Level Contributor
990 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: mogan

Thank you ladies, mixed response there!

Enjoy your return trip Canarytime, I am sure you will. Ryanair? :-)

Juliet B, have you considered Cape Verde islands for winter sun?

Edited: 23 September 2017, 16:13
Mentioned in this post
Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
5,996 posts
620 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: mogan

Ned I am back for my second visit in December stopping at CMV for the first time.

I will post how I get on.

Reply to: mogan
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted