We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Possible March visit

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
722 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Possible March visit

Have always wanted to stay in Puerto de Mogan ever since a day visit many years ago while staying in Puerto Rico.

Recently I've been told that PM has become very very quiet and many bars have shut or close around 10pm! We are not party animals who want to stay out till 2am and don't like all the karaoke and entertainment style bars we see in Puerto Rico. But we do like a little life - a nice meal and a couple of drinks in a bar with some music, be it background or live. So is the information I have gathered correct or wrong please?

Thinking of mid March so keen for any recommendations on apartments or aparthotel - self catering and maybe with a small pool but no nightly entertainment or kids clubs. Am I asking too much?!!

And what is the beach like at PM. Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Puerto de Mogan
Puerto de Mogan
Gran Canaria, Spain
Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico
Gran Canaria, Spain
N'Enoteca
$$ - $$$, Italian, Mediterranean, European
Jungle Rock Mogan
$$ - $$$, American, Brew Pub, Bar
Que Tal By Stena
$$$$, European, International, Deli
2 replies to this topic
Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
5,904 posts
596 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Possible March visit

Have a look at these apartments www.barmarina-Mogan.com

Or there are a number of apartments on www.ownersdirect.co.uk

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
3,456 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Possible March visit

Mogan does become quiet around 10- 11pm when the restaurants close and there was a small area known as bar street which had a few late night bars that has been closed for refurbishment of the area, however there are several new places that have opened in the area around the Hiperdino supermarket, a couple of which have music The beach is probably much the same as when you visited the last time and there are lots of self catering apartments available to rent if you search on the internet though not many have pools

Mentioned in this post
Mogan
Mogan
Gran Canaria, Spain
Reply to: Possible March visit
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted