We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cost of eating out and wine with meals

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
cost of eating out and wine with meals

Hi,

Please could anyone give me an idea of the average cost of a meal with wine in Puerto Mogan.

We usually only have a main course, fish or steak.

I am trying to decide whether to holiday outside the eurozone but would really like to stay in Puerto Mogan.

Mentioned in this post
Mogan
Mogan
Gran Canaria, Spain
N'Enoteca
$$ - $$$, Italian, Mediterranean, European
Jungle Rock Mogan
$$ - $$$, American, Brew Pub, Bar
Que Tal By Stena
$$$$, European, International, Deli
Huddersfield
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: cost of eating out and wine with meals

Hi Holly

We have just come back from 12 days self catering in Puerto Mogan. We did find it quite expensive, however with the Euro being so bad at the moment everything does seem to cost more. We found on average we were spending anything from 40 Euros to 60 Euros for a two course meal with a bottle of wine and coffee (for 2 people). You can eat for cheaper - it all depends on where you prefer to eat, but if you want to eat on the beach front or by the marina you do pay a premium.

In order to offset costs we had breakfast and lunch on our apartment balcony (at the Mogan Valle), there is a great supermarket just across the road.

I hope this hasn't put you off because Mogan is a really lovely place and I can't wait to go back !

Mentioned in this post
Mogan
Mogan
Gran Canaria, Spain
Huddersfield
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: cost of eating out and wine with meals

Sorry forgot to say, for a steak you are looking between 18E to 25E by the marina, fish did look to be cheaper though than steak and there were lots of fish choices. Wine in restaurants is about 16E for a bottle of Torres Vina Sol which you can get in the supermarket for 4 Euros...

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cost of eating out and wine with meals

Hi C6jod

Thanks for the information. Think we will go half board and just have lunch out if we are hungry.

Puerto Mogan does look such a nice place.

Mentioned in this post
Mogan
Mogan
Gran Canaria, Spain
surrey
Level Contributor
2,627 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cost of eating out and wine with meals

Hi Holly,

Had you anywhere in particular in mind for accommodation?

I have been to both the Cordial Valle apartments and Cordial Playa Hotel and would thoroughly recommend both without hesitation.

I see that you are considering going half board and would like to tell you that when we were pricing both we found that there wasn't a lot of difference.

You may, of course, prefer the apartments because of all the space they afford, but IMO the food is much nicer at the hotel, simply because they have to cater for more people and therefore there is so much more choice.

Hope this helps ;o)

Mentioned in this post
Cordial Mogan Valle
Cordial Mogan Valle
2,513 Reviews
Gran Canaria, Spain
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cost of eating out and wine with meals

Thanks for the information fussy57.

I think we will go to the Cordial Mogan Playa.

People seem to rate the food well there.

Mentioned in this post
Cordial Mogan Playa
Cordial Mogan Playa
4,516 Reviews
Gran Canaria, Spain
surrey
Level Contributor
2,627 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cost of eating out and wine with meals

Good choice Holly, I am sure you will have a wonderful holiday! ;o)

7. Re: cost of eating out and wine with meals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 December 2010, 13:16