We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

B&B's in County Leitrim Ireland

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
36 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
B&B's in County Leitrim Ireland

We're looking for a nice B&B - not to expensive but with our own bathroom - in the Mohill, county Leitrim area of Ireland (near Longford). We're going to a wedding in Granard in Sept. and want somewhere in that area that is comfortable. Will likely be staying 6 nights so don't want it to be too expensive. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Ireland
Ireland
Europe
Libertyville...
Level Contributor
2,071 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: B&B's in County Leitrim Ireland

Hi, Check out the lodging reviews here on Tripadvisor, for Mohill, Co. Leitrim. There are three lodgings listed.

Cavan
Destination Expert
for County Cavan
Level Contributor
4,542 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: B&B's in County Leitrim Ireland

Wedding in Granard - confused why you want to stay in Mohill, perhaps you should be thinking about Longford instead?

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
36 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: B&B's in County Leitrim Ireland

We wanted to stay in Mohill because we have relatives in and near Mohill and the wedding is at Lough Rynn Castle in Mohill. Thought it would be nice to stay somewhere that we could just walk from the B&B/hotel into Mohill to stroll around, have a coffee, etc. But there doesn't seem to be much there except The Laurels - two are too expensive and one seems to small and modern. Lough Rynn is too pricey and, I believe, sold out anyway. So maybe a nice little hotel in the area? At least that way the fares make sense (i.e. by the room rather than by the person) and presumably we'd have our own bathroom. I seem to remember seeing a lovely little hotel just outside Longford (going north) years ago but have no idea what it's called. It looked a lot like the photo of the Brooklawn hotel. (which I emailed twice asking their cancellation policy and got a reply about a deposit but my question was not answered!).

Cavan
Destination Expert
for County Cavan
Level Contributor
4,542 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: B&B's in County Leitrim Ireland

If I were you I would consider Carrick-on-Shannon as a convenient place to stay, a busy little town with plenty of shops and restaurants you should find much more pleasant than Mohill.

Check out the Landmark hotel nicely situated close to the River Shannon: www.thelandmarkhotel.com

Mentioned in this post
Carrick-on-Shannon
Carrick-on-Shannon
County Leitrim, Ireland
River Shannon
River Shannon
55 Reviews
County Limerick, Ireland
5. Re: B&B's in County Leitrim Ireland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2011, 15:16
Get answers to your questions about Mohill