We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back if anyone has any questions....

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
582 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Just back if anyone has any questions....

Just got back Sunday after three glorious weeks, anyone got any questions feel free to shout up!!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
582 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Just back if anyone has any questions....

Hi Thira . we liked Pefkos and had a couple of nice meals in Dionisos also ....... also enjoyed Liastres .. for a change of scene as I know you have wheels. try Dioskouroi overlooking the little harbour in Kardymili . lovely place for a nice relaxing lunch. Bought some lovely Olive soap there too which was on sale.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
582 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Just back if anyone has any questions....

Well I can honestly say hand on heart I didn't have one bite ..... now whether it was Smidge the Midge - God I love that name LOL or just good fortune I have no idea. herd the mozzies were bad before we went and I did see a few badly nibbled legs but on the whole I don't think there were that many around.so perhaps lucky - who knows. But I would like to add that the Smidge went on really well and didn't smell at all - so would buy again (y)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
582 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Just back if anyone has any questions....

Thanks for the tip on the Taverna in the hills - one for lunch next time (never even noticed that turn off but know exactly where you mean - looks amazing... yes forgot to say about Elies in Ag Nik - we went on a Monday evening by taxi and the live music was great...... nice atmosphere in Ag. Nik at night I must say.

UK
Level Contributor
699 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Just back if anyone has any questions....

Hi,

Didn't mean to hijack your post! We preferred the atmosphere in Ag Nik to be honest, less busy and more relaxed, having said that we alternated more or less as it was nice to stroll up and down the promenade in Stoupa, our villa was up that turn off to Orato so Ag Nik was a bit closer too. We had some lovely fresh Amberjack at Ellie's and they had the best bottle of red the whole holiday too.

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
163 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Just back if anyone has any questions....

So pleased Smidge that Midge worked for you, I personally think it's great, I was worried about recommending it and finding out you got bitten to death!

So pleased you had a lovely holiday.

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,383 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Just back if anyone has any questions....

Having wheels and being away from the town is ideal for us. As we like to dine out in the evening at Ag Nik, Stoupa or Kardamyli. We have Elli's reserved for the Monday music night. Can't wait!

The place up the hill looks fab. A bit too "fine dining" for Mr TB though. He prefers chilled out rustic places that serve bricks of moussaka. So would be wasted on him and youngest son.

Grenoble, France
Level Contributor
808 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Just back if anyone has any questions....

We went to Orato restaurant in the hills las year, in July. The owners, Minas and Angelika, also own the villa we stayed in in Stoupa, very close to Halikoura beach. Last year, the access road to the restaurant was in a pretty poor state of repair, with some enormous potholes. I don't know if it's any better this year (we are in Gialova at the moment for another 3 generation family holiday).

The food at Orato was great - delicious spinach pies and other starters I can't remember. There wasn't a menu, and not much choice for main course, only beef stifado or moussaka (both excellent). And a dessert appeared automagically at the end, as it often does. As there was no menu and no prices, we had no idea what we were letting ourselves in for. It turned out about 50% more than the average taverna meal in Stoupa for the 7 of us (4 adults and 3 kids) - certainly the only place where we paid more than 100€ for the lot of us, including 2 bottles of wine. However, the food was exceptionally good, and the view outstanding. So it's a good choice for a special occasion.

There's a pool in front of the restaurant, and Minas suggested we arrive early (about 7 pm) so the kids could swim while we enjoyed an aperitif.

UK
Level Contributor
699 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Just back if anyone has any questions....

Hi when we went last week the first half of the road is concreted with 2 bad corners and one big hole marked with a bollard, then the second half is tarmaced looks new.

We were offered the pies to start but refused as we have small appetites but we did have a menu the same as the one on the website, from memory though I think we had to ask for it, maybe it was coming and we were too impatient lol. As I said on my review my husband had fillet steak and he said it was excellent, the veg were lovely and varied too, yes it was more expensive but value as the food was of better quality.

north wales
Level Contributor
154 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: Just back if anyone has any questions....

Thanks for that,

We are travelling with another couple ,don't think they will get a scooter but trying to persuade them to get a quad,did u notice any quads there,many thanks

UK
Level Contributor
699 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Just back if anyone has any questions....

No we didn't see any quads, think it's only open in the evenings too.

Get answers to your questions about Stoupa
Recent Conversations