We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay?

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
218 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay?

Hello :-)

We are hoping to holiday in Stoupa in early June next year and were wondering if any of you regulars could recommend where to stay ? We aren't particularly worried about a swimming pool as we prefer swimming in the sea, would like a nice view from the balcony if possible, one bedroom apartment which is walking distance to tavernas - I have done some internet searches but hoped you may point me in the right direction ?

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Where to stay?

Thanks Nick:-) yes I will be looking to book my Crete flights too so will be hoping for a bargain for both :-)

bridgnorth
Level Contributor
3,439 posts
Save Reply
32. Re: Where to stay?

I've just booked Heathrow / Kalamata for next June ,£159 return, this includes hold luggage ,free booze and a sandwich snack. You can choose your seat on booking for £18 each way (extra leg room for me) or risk your free choice 48 hours before flight.

Cheaper than 25 years ago?

bridgnorth
Level Contributor
3,439 posts
Save Reply
33. Re: Where to stay?

Should have said this was BA.

Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
468 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Where to stay?

At that price, I would say that would more than likely be cheaper than you would get with Easyjet.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,411 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Where to stay?

Can't believe it just looked for May and £114 return better tell nurse carol as she went up to manchester last may for her stoupa fix.

Holmfirth
Level Contributor
93 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Where to stay?

We paid £96 return for next June with BA. Worth the drive down South for that price!!

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Where to stay?

Hi again

Just checked and BA would be £159 each return, but if I was to book Easyjet for next week it would only be £20 more ..... so I am going to gamble and wait for the Easyjet flights to be released , will let you know if my gamble pays off :-)

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,334 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Where to stay?

We got our BA flights for £470 for all 4 of us July peak weeks.

The inbound flight was just €59! Because I strayed up til 1am and booked as soon as they were released.

This is hand luggage only, but the tickets including a 23kg bag was only £20 more. We want the ease of no queuing with checked in bags next year. So it's a time, rather than a cost reason for us. Straight off the plane to the hire car.

Chippenham, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Where to stay?

You will find BA flights can be competitive depending on your dates so check both airlines before you book. And check out these links to book direct with the accommodation.

www.finikes-apartments.gr/index.php?lang=en

http://www.taletosapartments.gr/

http://www.hotelaphrodite.gr/location.htm

http://www.georgeshotel.eu/pages/indexEN.html

manchester
Level Contributor
313 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Where to stay?

Hi MG the lighthouse apartments used to be very popular a few years ago with Kosmar who went bust, only know from talking to people never been there ourselves but believe the views are lovely they are somewhere on the headland between Listras taverna and Kalogria beach but not far from anywhere.

Get answers to your questions about Stoupa
Recent Conversations