We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BA from Heathrow

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,334 posts
136 reviews
Save Topic
BA from Heathrow

Well.....I've bitten the bullet, taken a big chance and booked BA flights (outgoing only) from Heathrow to Kalamata for next July.

Return flights not available yet. Fingers crossed price isn't horrendous. If so we will hang on for an EJ flight to Gatwick.

We don't pay for trains - hubbys job, so will train. It down from Manchester.

Eeek. No big cases. No local airport. No return flights.

A bit different for us.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
686 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: BA from Heathrow

Delighted you are sorted, we are pleased with our flights too we've saved £700 on what the olympic package price would have been with tc flight.

i think we are now booking hotel night before too as its not much more than paying just for the carpark and once we arrive on the friday night we can relax, i always worry about m25 etc which is often closed due to accident.

i like paying the accommodation direct if i can as the package companies give them very little of what they charge. Roll on july 2017 !!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
486 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: BA from Heathrow

TB re the meals on BA....... the person who told me is now saying she isn't certain just something she read as another lady said she read in the paper that they were only serving one meal on flights over 8 hours. so a little confusion . I would check with BA neaer the time if it is important. ink you only got a sandwich yoghurt and drink but even so it is a nice little extra

However.have just found this on a browse. so looks like Greece is still OK.

Quote......

British Airways is to stop serving complimentary food to guests on short-haul flights.

The airline is set to begin charging for meals in economy seating on short European flights to turn catering into a revenue stream.

Passengers on longer BA flights to destinations including Greece and Turkey will still enjoy a complimentary three-course meal.

Under the move, the airlines new chief executive Alex Cruz is considering drafting in Waitrose to provide snacks for passengers at premium prices.

READ MORE

Revealed: The most bizarre items confiscated at London City Airport

Previously the airline promised passengers: “Whenever and wherever you are travelling, we offer a complimentary snack or meal and bar service.”

A British Airways spokesman said: “We are constantly reviewing every element of the experience our customers receive, including the in-flight catering, to ensure we're delivering what they want.

"We are always innovating, for example, our new pre-paid meal option for customers travelling on our long-haul economy flights is proving enormously popular. The meals are an alternative to the normal complimentary menu, which remains on-board.

“Customers can instead choose to pre-order and pre-pay via ba.com for one of six enhanced meals, including gourmet dining, great British breakfast and taste of the east.”

unquote

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Messenia Region, Laconia Region, Magnesia Region
Level Contributor
5,423 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: BA from Heathrow

On the Heathrow-Kalamata flight we got hot or cold drinks, a sandwich, cheese and biscuits and a pot of mousse type dessert. All quite nice and IMO much better than a microwaved hot meal.

34. Re: BA from Heathrow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2017, 12:17
Get answers to your questions about Stoupa