We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Kosta question for impending trip :-)

Heathfield, United...
Level Contributor
291 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Villa Kosta question for impending trip :-)

Hi all. At last we depart Sunday for a week to scatter Mums ashes in the bay. Looking forward to it, if that sounds right. Thanks for your help with my questions.

We are staying at Villa Kosta (myself, hubs, 12 yr old boy, sister, her husband and our step dad). I had tried emailing them to see if we could have 3 rooms close to each other but hadn't heard back. Not unduly worried, we will sort ourselves out.

Quick question. Does Villa Kosta have wifi? We're not glued to our devices by any means, but like to play a little music when getting ready to go out of an evening. I'm presuming there's no tv with music channel etc in the rooms.

Also do they have any sort of garden you can sit out in with a beer early evening? Hubs and boy like a little game of bat and ball when waiting to go out. Nothing racous!

Not fussed about hairdryers etc, or cooking equipment (my extent of cooking on holiday is tipping cereal in a bowl for our boy and making the odd roll).

Thanks as always.

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
176 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa Kosta question for impending trip :-)

Villa Kosta has a lovely garden to the front, but no seats for sitting out. If you go through reception you can sit out back where they have some tables & chairs and purchase a drink from the small bar that they have. Don't think you will find any room to play bat & ball, but the beach is just across from the little path that you will walk down.

London
Level Contributor
286 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa Kosta question for impending trip :-)

Hello we were in Villa Kosta July 15 and 16 and enjoyed both times. With regarding rooms being close its a very tiny place really only a few rooms so wherever your placed you are going to be near. Wifi is a bit hit and miss. I couldn't get a signal at all and needed to go down to the beach (a few mins) to get any kind of signal. maybe you will be luckier but on my 5 trips to Stoupa have found it the same everywhere. I think the mountains behind block a lot of it out. I used to get good wifi and a signal for phoning in Mangos bar however just a few steps away. TV well we had one but only English speaking channel was BBC news and tbh not something I wanted to be reminded of when on holiday all the woes going on in the World. No hairdryer and only enough cooking utensils to be able to do basics. Like you though all I do on hols is fill a cereal bowl or cup. Food is cheap and plentiful in all the restaurants. They have a sitting area and a little bar but no where to play bat and ball no. I hope you have a lovely holiday and despite your reasons for going I think your mums final resting place would also be the choice of so many of us Stoupa lovers. May she rest in Peace bless her xx

Heathfield, United...
Level Contributor
291 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa Kosta question for impending trip :-)

Thank you so much, it's not a problem not having WiFi. I think Kostas sounds a lovely place. My step dad has been to Stoupa every year with Mum for about 20 odd years, but his perspective will be different to ours. Mum wouldn't have been interested in WiFi etc, so just thought I'd ask. Thanks as always.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
472 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa Kosta question for impending trip :-)

a lovely final tribute to Mum . hope it goes well and she is at peace. Wifi hit and miss but ou could always get it in the bar area at the back. There is a small bench outside one of the little apts if you looking at VK from the path at the front the bench is to the right .. was outside the side of our room hence me knowing about it. occasionally I managed wifi there as well. You could lways try phoning them as they have very good English. but as said apts not far from one another anyway and if you are all booked together I should imagine Kostas will try and room you nearby anyway..... havre a nice time

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
684 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa Kosta question for impending trip :-)

superb wi fi everywhere at lefktron hotel rooms bar pool. Have a drink in the bar there and catch up e mails whats app etc

Level Contributor
422 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa Kosta question for impending trip :-)

Wifi - not the fastest - ok for emails but not good enough for YouTube. The outside bar area is nice but internal so no grass. It can be warm before 6pm. We had a drink or two before going out last year. We did find it one of the most expensive places to drink but the hospitality was very good.

If I didn't want a pool then I would stop here as my children are growing. As previously said maisonettes no good for under 4s.

Edited: 19 August 2016, 03:05
7. Re: Villa Kosta question for impending trip :-)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2017, 12:17
Get answers to your questions about Stoupa
Recent Conversations