We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cala Gardana or Ciutadella

Level Contributor
4 posts
Save Topic
Cala Gardana or Ciutadella

About to go away with husband & 2 young girls. We love eating out & going to nice restaurants & bars. Which area is the best for a good choice of good restaurants & nice places to sit & watch people go by. I like the sound of the habour in Cala Gardana. The area that we would be staying would be just outside of the ciutadella, so I’m not sure how many options we’d have close by (in Vacances Resort). Any suggestions?

6 replies to this topic
Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
15,873 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cala Gardana or Ciutadella

Not sure where the place you mention is. There are several resorts in the Ciutadella area - can you be more specific about exactly where you mean please (a link to the Hotel's website may help). However you need to know that Cala Galdana does not have a harbour- it is simply a beautiful sandy bay which has a tourist resort beside it

Torquay, United...
Level Contributor
705 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cala Gardana or Ciutadella

According to the link its 500m from santandari beach and just a few metres from sa caleta beach. As i dont know the area very well i cant comment on ammenities or how it compares to cala galdana in regards to quietness.

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
15,873 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cala Gardana or Ciutadella

That is nowhere near C.Galdana (long taxi ride or hire car needed) but is only a bus ride from the city of Ciutadella. There is no comparison between Ciutadella and C.Galdana for authentic restaurants anyway

Level Contributor
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cala Gardana or Ciutadella

Hi. Yes the resort is near Santandria. I was having doubts as I read that there wasn’t anywhere close by to eat. That we had to get a taxi to the Ciutadella for restaurants. Not that we mind this necessarily, but didn’t want to have to do this everyday. It’s my husbands 40th birthday while we are there, and I want to make sure we have somewhere nice to eat on the day. I imagine we’d go to the Ciutadella for his birthday meal, as there would be more options.

Merseyside, United...
Level Contributor
570 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cala Gardana or Ciutadella

Santandria is literally about 5 mins and 5€ from Ciutadella in a taxi. There is also a regular bus. There are restaurants in Santandria although you are correct there is more choice in Ciutadella.

Level Contributor
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cala Gardana or Ciutadella

Thanks very much!

Reply to: Cala Gardana or Ciutadella
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cala Galdana
Recent Conversations