We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

public transport from rennes airport to Malestroit, 56140

sunbury on thames
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
public transport from rennes airport to Malestroit, 56140

I am hoping to travel by public transport on a thursday from rennes airport, in the afternoon to Malestroit in August and returning on a Sunday afternoon back to Rennes airport from Malestroit in August. Can you tell me the best way to get there and back and will I have any problems going back on a Sunday.

Mentioned in this post
Rennes
Rennes
Ille-et-Vilaine, France
4 replies to this topic
Champlon, Belgium
Level Contributor
8,153 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: public transport from rennes airport to Malestroit, 56140

Public transport in rural France varies between sparse and non-existent. Rennes airport to/from Malestroit appears to fall in the latter category, which isn't surprising as they are in different départements and Malestroit isn't actually on one of the main expressways.

It is about 70 km between the two so a taxi on a Thursday afternoon will probably be about € 140 and the return on Sunday will be over € 200. Taxis should be pre-booked, they are sparse too.

Mentioned in this post
France
France
Europe
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: public transport from rennes airport to Malestroit, 56140

The Brittany public transport journey planner http://www.breizhgo.com/en/# shows an itinerary of train to Vannes then bus to Malestroit with a total time of about 2:30 hrs.

This is probably not practical for a day trip and you have to add in time from the airport to Renes train station.

Edited: 08 June 2018, 06:09
Mentioned in this post
Vannes
Vannes
Morbihan, France
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: public transport from rennes airport to Malestroit, 56140

Sorry, silly me thought it was on the same day.

Just put your destinations and dates in the planner and pick the itinerary that suits you best, tap on it to expand out for detailed directions. The train to Vannes and bus may fit your needs.

We spent a week around Malestroit and Josselin as part of a canal trip, it is a lovely part of Brittany.

Mentioned in this post
Vannes
Vannes
Morbihan, France
sunbury on thames
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: public transport from rennes airport to Malestroit, 56140

Thank you "becasse" and "107sharong".

You have confirmed that the journey is going to be a long one. I am going to a wedding there. Relatives had offered to pick us up from the airport. I was trying to see if we could help them by doing part of the trip by public transport but it seems it will be very lengthy and costly so I am going to ask relatives to pick us up and give them some money. Thank you for confirming this part of the world is a lovely part of Brittany.,

Mentioned in this post
Reply to: public transport from rennes airport to Malestroit, 56140
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Malestroit