We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting a quad in kavos with a provisional licence

Stoke-on-Trent...
1 post
Renting a quad in kavos with a provisional licence

I am going to Kavos this summer and I was wondering if I could rent a quad bike with a provisional licence? Has anyone done this before?

8 replies to this topic
Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
12,445 posts
78 reviews
1. Re: Renting a quad in kavos with a provisional licence

No, you can’t rent one.

Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
1,036 posts
42 reviews
2. Re: Renting a quad in kavos with a provisional licence

Nope!! you have to have a full driving licence before they will let you hire one.

Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
3. Re: Renting a quad in kavos with a provisional licence

I hope not.

Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
1,036 posts
42 reviews
4. Re: Renting a quad in kavos with a provisional licence

Yep afraid so Matt R unless they want to risk losing their business or worse then it would be foolish of them to risk hiring to anyone with only a provisional. Also remember you need to check your travel insurance to see if you would be covered or pay the additional fee to make sure you are. I have witnessed some terrible accidents believe me.

Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
5. Re: Renting a quad in kavos with a provisional licence

G410ZHmichelleb, I didn't really make myself clear - I hope that they will not rent to someone with a provisional, it's asking for trouble for them and road users around them!

Roda, Greece
Destination Expert
for Corfu, Roda
Level Contributor
4,180 posts
119 reviews
6. Re: Renting a quad in kavos with a provisional licence

Even the ones with licences are dangerous enough - we see so many people inviting trouble, especially where fathers & sons are involved.

We met a couple at the hospital a few weeks ago who had gone off the road in north-east Corfu - and they were almost casual victims. She had broken her shoulder, he had broken both wrists & his elbow. They had one good hand between them! In addition to all the bruising, they were both in pain, it had wrecked their holiday, their bags were back at their accommodation, they were hospitalised and confused, their holiday was at an end, they needed permission to be able to fly, and they both needed operations when they returned to the UK.

Is it worth it?

Steve

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
225 reviews
7. Re: Renting a quad in kavos with a provisional licence

Renting a Quad in Kavos is high risk, aside from the usual risks Kavos has drunk kids wandering / falling in the road, and that was at lunchtime.

Edited: 14 July 2018, 14:59
Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
324 posts
16 reviews
8. Re: Renting a quad in kavos with a provisional licence

Not on your nelly.

Reply to: Renting a quad in kavos with a provisional licence
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kavos
Recent Conversations