We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi palu airport-tanjung karang

bali
Level Contributor
310 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
taxi palu airport-tanjung karang

Am off to Sulawesi in few days and wondering if anyone has an idea bout taxi fare from Palu airport to Tanjung Karang ?any info appreciated

5 replies to this topic
Bolton, UK
Level Contributor
2,521 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi palu airport-tanjung karang

Hi,

When we did this route last year we were all set to try and get one, but when we left the terminal, Prince John Resort had already sent their car for us, even though we hadn't asked for it. So we had little choice but to go with him.

Just a heads up in case this happens to you (assuming you are staying at Prince john)

bali
Level Contributor
310 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi palu airport-tanjung karang

good info,yes we are staying at Prince John but I did not tell him my arrival time though so...cos I think they were asking more than what it should be....how was your stay there ?

Bolton, UK
Level Contributor
2,521 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi palu airport-tanjung karang

Yes the taxi is quite expensive, but it's just one of those things that sometimes you have to suck it up. After all, Prince John itself isn't cheap. Plus once you are there you don't have much choice in getting back to Palu.

So again we used their taxi service and got dropped off at a bus station to get a cheap ride down to Tentena.

I say there aren't any alternatives, but of course there always are. But it depends on how much time you are prepared to sacrifice. You could always try for public transport to Dongala and then try for an ojek to Tanjung Kerang. Dongala isn't that far from TK, in fact we walked there one day and then back up to the lighthouse.

Prince John is really nice and the food was great. The diving is pretty good as well. But then we have just spent 2 weeks in Raja Ampat this year and that takes the biscuit (UK expression). The German owners can be either very good or invisible. Depends on the day.

Oh, and when we were there, each evening a mother and baby cus cus would visit. The staff gave them bread and they were quite OK to have their photo taken. They are wild, so not guaranteed you will see them

Just as an aside - can you come back after your stay and let me know if they ever built a small sea wall and if so, is it still standing? I hope so, as I designed one for them :)

Any other info - just ask

Mentioned in this post
Raja Ampat
Raja Ampat
West Papua, Indonesia
bali
Level Contributor
310 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi palu airport-tanjung karang

thanks for the info,yes will definitely get back after,am leaving tomorrow to Sulawesi and will be there October 13-18

Bolton, UK
Level Contributor
2,521 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: taxi palu airport-tanjung karang

I'm jealous - have a great time :)

Oh, I forgot to tell you, we were in room 6 and we could just about get wifi there

Reply to: taxi palu airport-tanjung karang
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Palu
Recent Conversations