We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hola Sun Press Release re flights from Toronto

Port Perry, Canada
Level Contributor
198 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Hola Sun Press Release re flights from Toronto

Press Release June 05, 2018

Hola Sun Holidays is excited to announce that for the summer and fall season we have a partnership with Air Transat offering air seats to Cuba. With this partnership we are offering the following flights departing from Toronto.

Cayo Coco (CCC) – Friday and Sunday departures

Cayo Santa Maria (SNU) – Friday and Saturday departures

Holguin (HOG) – Friday departures

Varadero (VRA) – Monday and Saturday departures

Note that packages for the following destinations will be via flight mentioned.

Cienfuegos (CFG) – flight will be into Cayo Santa Maria (SNU) with a land transfer

Havana (HAV) – flight will be into Varadero (VRA) with a land transfer

Santiago de Cuba (SCU) – flight will be into Holguin (HOG) with a land transfer

Unfortunately at this point in time we are no longer offering Cayo Largo (CYO) and Camaguey (CMW)

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Cayo Coco
Cayo Coco
Jardines del Rey Archipelago, Cuba
15 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hola Sun Press Release re flights from Toronto

Well that is not good for Cayo Largo and Camaguey. What happens to those resorts and the people who work at them? I am not happy :-(

Mentioned in this post
Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
9,581 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hola Sun Press Release re flights from Toronto

There are other options for those two destinations , although this will certainly not please some folks.

CL seems to be a difficult destination in the low season so this will hurt them for sure.

I know Terry won’t be pleased about Cam City ! 😢

Lenny

Edited: 08 June 2018, 18:43
Port Perry, Canada
Level Contributor
198 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hola Sun Press Release re flights from Toronto

We were really looking forward to Cayo Largo in a couple of weeks. I guess our choice would be drive or train to Montreal and on...plus hotel at either end of the trip. Looks like maybe Cayo Coco this summer, still checking out all the options. Bus ride to Cayo Santa Maria is a bit off putting.

Mentioned in this post
Montreal
Montreal
Quebec, Canada
Cayo Coco
Cayo Coco
Jardines del Rey Archipelago, Cuba
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
6,649 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hola Sun Press Release re flights from Toronto

Lenny, you're absolutely right... I'm not pleased at all. As a matter of fact, I was already booked with Air Transat for my usual 2 weeks through Christmas & New Year's in Camagüey... but I received an email from Redtag 2 days ago advising me that my trip with Air Transat has now been cancelled. My credit card is being refunded the $735.00 purchase price... what WAS a great price for a 2 week flight-only at that time of year. I had seen that great price online back in April and jumped all over it to firm.

I've now checked online to see what else is available for booking late December... Sunwing is now the lone airline flying into Camagüey out of Toronto... and for a hefty $1,005.00 flight-only for 2 weeks. Ouch! I'm going to wait until July to see if Cubana Aviation throws their hat in the ring... they typically offer Camagüey at that time, and with a price that historically should be much closer to that previous $735.00 deal I had earlier.

Terry

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,949 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hola Sun Press Release re flights from Toronto

@4 same boat for August i lost 3 days vacation time i had to rebook sunswing and pay 100d more and inbound and outbound flights are vad carryon 5kg i had no options.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
6,649 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Hola Sun Press Release re flights from Toronto

I just received an email today concerning my rescheduled flight with Cubana Aviation (Holasun) for departure July 05th from Toronto to Camagüey (CMW). That flight has now been cancelled too!

I've now rebooked for a 3rd time... and this time I've completely forgotten about Cubana Aviation... I have no faith that any of their scheduled flights will actually happen in the future. I've rebooked with Sunwing for June 26th. Although I'm now feeling more confident that my new flight will go as planned, unfortunately I'm going to have to pay a small fortune for my 3 suitcases... 1 of which is over-sized too at further extra cost. For flight-only customers, Sunwing doesn't even offer the 1st suitcase at no-charge. Oh well... it is what it is I guess. Just glad to have a solid reservation now that I can count on.

Terry

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
9,581 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hola Sun Press Release re flights from Toronto

Flight only with WJ also has no “ free “ luggage except for carry on !

Lenny

Canada
Level Contributor
5,287 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hola Sun Press Release re flights from Toronto

This really stinks. After wanting to get to Cayo Largo for many years we finally went last year and loved it so much we returned in February. Near the end of the trip we decided that would be going back, perhaps this fall. On the bright side at least we got two trips out of Toronto but this is really disappointing.

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Canada
Level Contributor
5,287 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hola Sun Press Release re flights from Toronto

Had another look and Sunwing is offering packages out of Toronto starting mid-December. Hurray!

Edited: 10 June 2018, 23:45
Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
6,649 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Hola Sun Press Release re flights from Toronto

Yes, but without a little competition to help keep Sunwing honest, they now have us by the short and curlies. Still waiting to see if Cubana Aviation jumps back into the game for late December before rebooking my end of year flight to Cam city.

Terry

Reply to: Hola Sun Press Release re flights from Toronto
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted