We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
347 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Car Hire

Does anyone know the name of the car hire company in Almyrida that is situated by the atm? Do they have a website?

4 replies to this topic
Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Hire

Yes it is called Flisvos and they do have a website.

We have always found them very reliable

London
Level Contributor
19 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Hire

I have always rented cars from the local franchises of major international brands but their prices were so high in Crete - and companies were so evasive about the cost of buying zero excess insurance - that I investigated locally owned companies.

I was impressed by Flisvos, who were polite and offered a great price for a ten day rental, including zero excess insurance. So I chose them, though I was ready to be disappointed.

They turned out to be the thoroughly professional and totally honest.

One of their team met me at Chania airport (they also work at Heraklion) and drove me the few hundred yards from the terminal to the car park where they keep vehicles. I paid cash, €220, for a Group B car (big enough for two adults and two (small) children) imcluding the promised insurance cover, and a half tank of petrol. There were no last minute 'extras' or requests for a hefty credit card 'deposit.'

The next day I thought that the car might be too small. Flisvos immediately offered to upgrade me to the next group, for a modest cost. (I decided to stick with the Group B)

We had ten trouble free days, driving hundreds of miles over Crete's fabulous mountains.

Flisvos are a polite, professional, good humoured, family owned company. I have no hesitation in recommending them.

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
347 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Hire

Thanks for update. We were there in June and used them. They were great very professional and helpful. Highly recommend.

Redcar, United...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Hire

It's flizvos but we have a house in Almyrida we used to always use flizvos but, just round the corner is auto club and we use them more now you get a better price you can check on line good luck

Reply to: Car Hire
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Almyrida
More Almyrida Topics