We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arion Resort Vassilikos

Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Arion Resort Vassilikos

Hello

I'm wondering if anybody has been there and can recommend for a quiet, relaxed holidays for a young couple? I'd like to stay away from the heavy partying etc. Is that area suitable?

I came across some review on Google mentioning something about "hordes of drunk Brits", lol?

Vasilikos Beach Hotel
Vasilikos Beach Hotel
#1 of 18 hotels in Vasilikos
The Bay Hotel & Suites
The Bay Hotel & Suites
#2 of 18 hotels in Vasilikos
Villa Katerina
Villa Katerina
#3 of 18 hotels in Vasilikos
5 replies to this topic
England
Level Contributor
518 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arion Resort Vassilikos

Vasilikos is well away from the party area of Zakynthos.

The Arion is well placed in Vasilikos close to Giovanni Taverna, great for grills and fish and good pizzas, and Vasilikos Garden Taverna, don't know what food is like there.

When you get to the main road turn right and walk down to The Coffee House for good breakfasts and great evenings.

I would suggest you hire a car and get out and about, Vasilikos is very spread out and there are plenty of beaches and great eating places to visit.

Please ask again if you need to know more.

Edited: 08 April 2018, 04:09
Mentioned in this post
Arion Resort
Arion Resort
165 Reviews
Zakynthos, Greece
England, United...
Destination Expert
for Argassi, Zakynthos
Level Contributor
4,158 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arion Resort Vassilikos

The resort of Laganas is the only place where you'll find " hordes of drunk Brits" (& many other nationalities). Any other resort on Zakynthos would be suitable for you in different degrees.

Vasilikos is very nice but, as Saganaki said, it's quite spread out & is very quiet. We spend quite a bit of time there during the day on the best beaches on the island. We also go there a few times at night for meals etc in some very nice restaurants but we wouldn't stay there as it's just too quiet for us. It's fairly remote st the southern end of the island & public transport isn't very good so your own transport would be advisable unless you want to taxi everywhere. As it's spread out there's quite a few really nice places for eating & drinking etc but you'd really struggle to walk between them all.

As said, it's a really nice, quiet & relaxed area, if that's what you want then go for it.

We stay in Argassi, the next resort along between Vasilikos & Zakynthos Town & drive to various places on the Vasilikos peninsula most days & a few evenings.

Mentioned in this post
Laganas
Laganas
Zakynthos, Greece
Zakynthos
Zakynthos
Ionian Islands, Greece
Argassi
Argassi
Zakynthos, Greece
Vasilikos
Vasilikos
Zakynthos, Greece
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Arion Resort Vassilikos

Thank you guys for helpful information and no offense on the "drunk Brits" bit, I was merely quoting a Google review ;)

I was wondering if perhaps the Vassilikos roads would be suitable for a road cycling enthusiast?

I'm thinking perhaps I could rent a e-bike for my GF and a road bike for me and roam around the area, we like to "discover" some hidden gems like we did on Mallorca.

I've read somewhere that even Arion Resort has a rental of its own, not sure about road bikes though, any recommended rentals in the area?

Mentioned in this post
Arion Resort
Arion Resort
165 Reviews
Zakynthos, Greece
England
Level Contributor
518 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arion Resort Vassilikos

Depends on when your holiday is if you hire cycles, even experienced cyclists can find it too hot during mid June to end August.

Joanna's rentals at Mais does bikes and so I think does Potamia. If you ask at the Arion they will probably be able to arrange something for you.

Mentioned in this post
Arion Resort
Arion Resort
165 Reviews
Zakynthos, Greece
Ebbw Vale, United...
Destination Expert
for Santa Eulalia del Rio, Ibiza
Level Contributor
2,303 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Arion Resort Vassilikos

Here is my map of the Vassilikos area. It will give you an idea of where the places mentioned are.

map - https://drive.google.com/open…

Phil

Reply to: Arion Resort Vassilikos
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Vasilikos