We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Zante staying in Zante Yliessa aparthotel

Kent
Level Contributor
162 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
First time to Zante staying in Zante Yliessa aparthotel

Hi

Can anyone reply to my questions please?

1. I am looking for a direct email for Zante Yliessa aparthotel in Vasilikos 29100. I have emailed the parent company as I was after their car hire prices but not had a reply as yet?

2. As first timers what would you recommend as preferred number of car hire days. We wish to do typical things - Lidl shopping as we are s/c, visiting a few beaches, Zante town. Can't decide on 3, 7 or 10 days hire? Hedging towards 10 days as airport transfers are expensive!

3. Has anyone stayed in at Zante Yliessa aparthotel recently? We have elected pool / garden view? Any room recommendations regarding which floor?

4. Any must do's we must try and see?

Many thanks

Mark

Mentioned in this post
Zante Yliessa
Zante Yliessa
26 Reviews
Zakynthos, Greece
Zante
Zante
62 Reviews
Zakynthos, Greece
10 replies to this topic
Ebbw Vale, United...
Destination Expert
for Santa Eulalia del Rio, Ibiza
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to Zante staying in Zante Yliessa aparthotel

I didn't know of any accommodation by that name but when I went there in 2004 ish it was called the Mimis. It's on my map under that name. I can't find an email address but the phone number is shown as -

+30 694 202 0147

If you are struggling for a car Joannas Supermarket (on the mat about 1Km away) does car hire. As the taxi fare is some 35 Euro each way we usually book a car at the airport at put the 70 Euro towards the rental cost. We usually go to Lidl on the way from the airport to Vasilikos (we stay in the Lemon Gardens about 600m from the Mimis) and use the local supermarkets to top up. I can send you the route on a Google map if you want it.

You will need at least 1 day visiting the west coast and another for the east coast. There is an old fort in Zakynthos town. Plenty of good beaches on the peninsular Gerakas about 1.5 Km away, Plaka, and Dafni if you don't mind a bit of a rough road drive. I'll attach a few maps to help. Plenty of good tavernas in the area.

Phil

Vasilikos map - https://drive.google.com/open…

Places to visit - https://drive.google.com/open…

Mentioned in this post
Zakynthos Town
Zakynthos Town
Zakynthos, Greece
Gerakas Beach
Gerakas Beach
986 Reviews
Zakynthos, Greece
Kent
Level Contributor
162 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to Zante staying in Zante Yliessa aparthotel

Hi Phil

Yes please to the route on google map please.

Your right it used to be called Mimi's. Booked this afternoon as got a good s/c deal. We haven't been to Zante before, done Kefalonia, Skiathos, Skoplos and Sami, but wanted a chilled relaxing break with some warm weather.

I have already been contacted by Joanna and there prices are the best I have received. Think I will take a car for the full 10 days as taxi fares are expensive. Thanks for the attached maps. I will make good use of them.

Usually go AI but as I get older we enjoy freedom of doing our on thing without restriction on meal times.

Can't wait. 3 months to go!!!!

Mark

Mentioned in this post
Zante
Zante
62 Reviews
Zakynthos, Greece
Skiathos
Skiathos
Sporades, Greece
Sami
Sami
Cephalonia, Greece
Ebbw Vale, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to Zante staying in Zante Yliessa aparthotel

Hi Mark. Route map attached -

https://drive.google.com/open…

You can turn the layers on and off with the tick boxes to switch the routes on and off.

Airport to Lidl (about 5 minute drive). Head up the dual carriageway from the airport until you come to a T junction. Turn left and Lidl is a couple of hundred metres on you right.

Lidl to Apartments about 30 minutes.

I've routed you back down towards the airport as it saves you going into Zakynthos town. The 2 bridges there are traffic light controlled and there can be longish queues.

Come out of Lidl and turn Left. After a few hundred metres turn right toward the airport. Half way down the road turn Left at the traffic lights. After a couple of hundred metres turn left and almost immediately turn right. Follow this narrow road until you com to a T junction and turn right. After a couple of hundred metres turn Left and at the T junction turn Right. This road runs all the way to Vasilikos. I've also marked the large supermarket in Argassi which is about half way down the street.

Galini taverna at the top of the hill is very popular and we love Babbis, just past Joanna shop next to the school.

I'm hoping to get out there towards the end of August. We are also regulars to Skiathos and Elounda in Crete.

Phil

Edited: 11 May 2018, 02:08
Mentioned in this post
Zakynthos Town
Zakynthos Town
Zakynthos, Greece
Argassi
Argassi
Zakynthos, Greece
Skiathos
Skiathos
Sporades, Greece
Elounda
Elounda
Crete, Greece
Crete
Crete
Greece
Kent
Level Contributor
162 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time to Zante staying in Zante Yliessa aparthotel

Hi Phil

Thanks very much for the detailed information. Very kind of you.

Yes we would of liked to do a day trip to Kefalonia again, however most car hire companies charge a premium to go over so I think we will give it a miss.

We are looking forward to going to Zante because where we staked in Kefalonia in Lourdas looked out over Zante.

If you go in August have a great time.

I'll post a review on our accommodation and holiday on my return.

KR

Mark

Mentioned in this post
Zante
Zante
62 Reviews
Zakynthos, Greece
Reading, United...
Level Contributor
289 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time to Zante staying in Zante Yliessa aparthotel

Phil W - great maps. We are returning to Villa Levante in September (I remember you added it to a map before we went last year) and for this year, I wanted to know the route to Lidl from the airport and onwards so we can stock up with essentials. Thanks

Ebbw Vale, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time to Zante staying in Zante Yliessa aparthotel

Hi Lizze Have a look at the map I posted on Post 3.

Phil

Kent
Level Contributor
162 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First time to Zante staying in Zante Yliessa aparthotel

Phil

Not having an email for Ylliessa apart hotel, would you happen to know how big the room fridge / freezer are. We didn't want to do a huge lidl shop and then find there isn't the space.

Many thanks

Mark

Ebbw Vale, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First time to Zante staying in Zante Yliessa aparthotel

Sorry I can't remember the size Mark. I do remember that the electric job

had 2 rings. We never used it as we would go down and have breakfast at the side of the pool. A couple in the room next to us told us it took ages to boil their carrots on the ring. You could ask somebody who posted a review on Tripadvisor about the fridge.

You could try sending a text message to the number as it starts with 69 which means it's a Greek Mobile.

When we stayed I think the owner was called Spiros and his wife was from Newport in South Wales.

Phil

Ebbw Vale, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First time to Zante staying in Zante Yliessa aparthotel

Mark have you tried this? - http://zante-yliessa.com/contact-us.html

Phil

Edited: 12 May 2018, 21:08
Ebbw Vale, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: First time to Zante staying in Zante Yliessa aparthotel

They also have a Facebook page - www.facebook.com/zanteyliessa/…

Phil

Reply to: First time to Zante staying in Zante Yliessa aparthotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Vasilikos