We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to go to Remedios?

Lisboa
Level Contributor
29 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
How to go to Remedios?

I´m planning to go to Remedios at the bening of December. I wonder if someone can tell me which is the best way to go there. At the moment I still don´t know if we will have a car available or not.

Thanks a lot for your help.

11 replies to this topic
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
20,257 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to go to Remedios?

I heard that there was a Viazul route that went via Remedios - I don't know if it is still running.

Kitchener, Ontario
Level Contributor
2,428 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to go to Remedios?

Checked Viazul and no mention of Remedios route... Take it the OP is flying into Habana.. then could take the bus to Santa Clara and taxi it up to Remedios .

Mentioned in this post
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
20,257 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to go to Remedios?

It was never shown on the website - but I saw a couple of mentions of a route running Trinidad - Santa Clara - Remedios - Moron - Ciego de Avila.

Since the OP does not say from where it is hard to give details - but a bus / taxi combination seems likely.

Mentioned in this post
Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to go to Remedios?

The via Azul will take you to Santa Clara from Trinidad or Varadero, even Havana. Get a local taxi at the terminal from there. The going rate is 20 CUC but you can pay less sharing with the locals

Mentioned in this post
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
227 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to go to Remedios?

we hired a cab to take us to remedies..

it was $40 cuc from hotel playa ..this is for 1 way only

very easy drive about 35 to 55 mins

Kitchener, Ontario
Level Contributor
2,428 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to go to Remedios?

Post5, you got taken ... 40 cuc's one way ? wow

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
6,832 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to go to Remedios?

Hola Justliving

What did you think the price should be??? If, as postie5 says, it was a "taxi", and not a private driver, I don't think that rate was out of line. About 3 weeks ago we paid 70 CUC (before tip) for the day - and went from the same hotel (the Playa) with a taxi to Remedios and back to the hotel. Would expect that the 1 way fare would be a little more than half the cost of the return trip. Also seems prices have gone up a little in the area. Don't know when you were there last.....just curious....

Cheers

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Playa Cayo Santa Maria
Hotel Playa Cayo Santa...
7,100 Reviews
Cuba
Kitchener, Ontario
Level Contributor
2,428 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How to go to Remedios?

I bow to you rrrichar .. Did not make the connection with government cab and private driver.... If it was government taxi , I guess , post #5 did not get taken . Been just under 2 years , since in the area... But the private driver , I took was 40 cuc's for the whole day ...

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
6,832 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How to go to Remedios?

Hola

Yes, I have a friend of friend with a car, private taxi also, cost is 40, but a lessor car, and driver...lol. Sometimes just do not feel safe on the causeway with him, especially when he is texting. The one we us most times is the going rate, his nickname is the transporter, the best dressed/ taxi driver in cuba...

and the boss likes him also...lol.

cheers.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
227 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How to go to Remedios?

a taxi, we indeed took, not a private driver, government regulated, just the wife and I, if we did travel in a group of 4 I would believe the price would have still been 40 cuc, the mini van would have been 60 CUC, one way, a good deal if you travel out for the day with a group of 6, cost wise. Our trip out to remedies was for the nite, we stayed in a casa and had a fantastic time. We even made arrangements with our taxi driver to pick us up the next day and drive us back to our hotel, very professional and realiable he was, even tipped 5 CUC there and back. Also no issues at the the check point coming from the mainland to the causeway, just a wave to the guard and we were on our way...cheers

Reply to: How to go to Remedios?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Remedios