We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast Cafes

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
129 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast Cafes

Another question, my ever-so-knowledgeable advisors!!

Since our cottage is self-catering, I need some ideas of places to get breakfast! Or cottage is right smack between Castlemaine and Inch on R561. We don't mind a little bit of a drive, as we will have a car. And we also wouldn't mind variety in either direction, as we plan to spend days down toward Dingle as well as toward the national park. Our cottage host says there is a cafe open on weekends, but we will also need somewhere open on Friday, Monday, and Tuesday mornings!

Thanks for ANY recommendations. The advice you all have given me during this year long planning marathon has help so much!! Thank you!!

7 replies to this topic
england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast Cafes

Anyone know what time Sammy's opens and if they do breakfast?

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast Cafes

As you are self catering, would you consider preparing your own breakfast. There are lots of delicious artisan foods available locally, including Ashes delicious black and white pudding from Annascaul.

There is a Centra in Castlemaine which has, if my memory is correct, a hot deli counter where you could buy a hot breakfast to take away.

Sammy's Store on Inch Beach is another option

Edited: 22 February 2012, 17:25
Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,742 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast Cafes

Don't think I should answer this one.

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast Cafes

Ah Soonas,

didnt think about recommending the 'breakfast rolls'although its what we do!!

Most supermarkets and garages, Centra etc, do breakfast rolls. We usually get one each and drive to a nice spot to eat them. Beware of the tomato sauce though, its not good to spend the rest of the day with a sauce blob down your front.

You make your own choice of bread roll and get whatever you like put in it, sausages, egg, bacon etc.

Very filling and inexpensive ,but dont leave it until the school children get out at lunch time!!

County Meath...
Level Contributor
3,303 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast Cafes

Just came across www.greenesatinchstrand.com & it may interest you.

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
129 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breakfast Cafes

We have finished this part of our trip! Out of the breakfast places we tried, "The Chowder House" was the best! Deirdres was not bad either!!

inch beach
Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Breakfast Cafes

Sammys do a full breakfast menu every morning organic porridge, full irish,vegetarian etc,Sammys open between 9 and 9.30 depends on time of year

Edited: 19 December 2012, 04:57
Reply to: Breakfast Cafes
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Inch
Recent Conversations