We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

[Help] Sunrise in Seongsan Ilchubong (Sunrise Peak)

Which Jeju Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, null...
2 posts
Save Topic
[Help] Sunrise in Seongsan Ilchubong (Sunrise Peak)

Hi,

Just want to ask a few questions as this is my first time touring Jeju.

My frens and I, total 5 are planning to rent a car for convenience in travelling around the island. (First week of Sep12)

Question1: Is it worth it to visit Sunrise Peak just before sunrise at 6am? Btw, I will be staying at Seogwipo, so we have to wake up at 3am, set off at 4am, journey time 1hr, hike 30-45mins.

Just wanna find out if it is worth it to do all these? or rather, just visit it in the morning 9am-10am?

Question2: Will renting the car at the airport be cheaper than doing an advance booking? Any car rental company to recommend for cheap rates? I checked online and usually the price is about 70-90sgd per day, is this correct?

Looking forward to hearing some replies. Thanks in advance. :)

Nakhonpathom
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: [Help] Sunrise in Seongsan Ilchubong (Sunrise Peak)

How were ur trip?

Nakhonpathom
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: [Help] Sunrise in Seongsan Ilchubong (Sunrise Peak)

Hello, Mr. JJ korea and all,

I and my friends, plan to visit seongsan Ilchubong in 5.00PM,5 th of Dec 2012, what time do it close?

Can I back to Manjanggul cave? What time donarak.wisanu@facebook.com it close?

I rent a car for reach all. Thank you.

Edited: 25 November 2012, 08:12
Cheonan, South Korea
Destination Expert
for South Korea
Level Contributor
1,132 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: [Help] Sunrise in Seongsan Ilchubong (Sunrise Peak)

Seongsan ilchulbong generally opens at 1 hour before sun rise and closes at sun-set time as far as I know, and the sunset time is about 17:20 in the winter season and mostly go there to see sun rise.

Manjanggul opens from 09:00 to 18:00, and you should enter there not later than 17:20.

Edited: 26 November 2012, 18:12
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: [Help] Sunrise in Seongsan Ilchubong (Sunrise Peak)

Hi Ken, Did you manage to catch the sunrise at Seongsan llchubong ? I'm going over next week and it will be great if you can give some advice.

We have a tour guide but i would like to know how long will it take for us to hike up.

Thank you so much!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
398 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: [Help] Sunrise in Seongsan Ilchubong (Sunrise Peak)

Depending on the fitness level of you and your travel mates, it takes 20-40 mins... The total ascent is short, but the stairs and stone steps up are pretty steep. So maybe you need short breaks in between, and photo breaks, as the view back over Seongsan is pretty nice.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: [Help] Sunrise in Seongsan Ilchubong (Sunrise Peak)

Thank you!

7. Re: [Help] Sunrise in Seongsan Ilchubong (Sunrise Peak)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2014, 14:17