“Got The Job Done Well”
Review of Viva Aerobus

Reviewed 10 April 2022

I realize the reviews of VivaAerobus are stained with hundreds and hundreds of one-star roasts and torches of this humble ULCC…take a look at TripAdvisor and see for yourself. However, as an objective reviewer, I must factor in my own personal experiences—which, as a traveler in need of cheap airfare within Mexico, were highly positive. Instead of choosing a company based on ratings alone, I need travelers to just try this carrier first to truly understand if they appreciate it.

On-time? Pretty much. There was a small delay in Tijuana, but we made up lost time due to tailwinds and a speedy approach into Leon.

Electric wheelchair? Nope, I didn’t bring it on this trip. I hope VivaAerobus will be able to efficiently accept my wheelchair if I decide to take it with them in the future.

Legroom? Come on. Adjust your expectations to match a ULCC. This isn’t luxury. You’ll get a cramped seat for the unbeatable prices customers have voluntarily paid.

Service? Wonderful. VivaAerobus employees are kind and helpful, especially to wheelchair-bound travelers either with their own chair or in need of assistance. Taking the Cross Border Xpress from San Diego was slightly hectic and confusing on the Mexican side when arriving at airline check-in counters, but the staff worked smoothly and excellently to get me an impromptu wheelchair assistant in a matter of 15-20 minutes. Thank you!

Cabin quality and inflight services? As an Airbus fan all the way, I enjoyed my ride on one of their older A320ceo to Leon—although I’d love to review a NEO next time if I can. The cabin was clean and inflight services were great. And did I mention IFE?!? On a ULCC??! WOW! I could connect to destination information, menus, and a live flight tracker for free! Only a truly unique budget carrier can pull all that off, let alone free of charge to passengers. I could spend 5+ hours on a VivaAerobus plane, no problem.

I highly suggest you give this company a try before jumping to conclusions about its reliability and value. I was blown away by the experience I had. Recommended!!

Date of travel: February 2022
    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (3,847)

Reviewed 8 April 2022

I was surprised with the high level of service we received on our flight with Viva aerobús from Puerto Escondido to Mexico City.
The plane itself was very comfortable and clean, especially for the low price we paid for the tickets. Adding extra luggage was affordable and extremely easy. Flight attendants were very attentive, polite and helpful. I was traveling with my dog and while checking in, we were given seats at the emergency exit, which for safety reason passengers with pets are not allowed to take. Flight attendants switched our seats to better ones at the beginning of the plane.
After we landed, while getting my bags, I realized that I left my AirPods at the plane. I asked one of the employees of Viva at the airport about it and he quickly run to the plane to look for them and was able to find them and bring it to me in 5 min.
As I said, I didn’t expect much from viva after reading so many negative reviews, but I loved my experience traveling with them and I’ll definitely use this company again.

1  Thank dariav1906
Reviewed 8 April 2022

THere is absolutely NO, NO customer service by phone. They just hang up after a couple of minutes of the canned music. THere is absolutely NO, NO customer service by email. I asked a specific question and they answered some other thing I was not asking about. Viva Aerobus SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't buy tickets because if you have questions you will NOT NOT get help!!!!!! I want to know about the pet carrier because they have this ridiculous size of Maximum dimensions of the carrier: 18 x 14 x 8 inches. There are NO, NO, NO carriers of 8 inches in height!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date of travel: March 2022
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank Passenger802407
Reviewed 6 April 2022

This does not qualify as an airline. They have Will take your money and 1. Good luck trying to get customer service, 2 if you get through they will listen and then tell you they can’t do anything 3 they will put you on hold for another hour and supervisor will say thought but no changes and stay quiet until you hang up work experience ever had with any airline

Reviewed 6 April 2022 via mobile

Absolutely horrific trip. These people show zero consideration for their customers schedules and time. They operate like they have no schedule themselves to keep at all. My small carry on that I always take, they made me check and held me up bc they over booked and then insisted it was too big. The same bag I always fly with no problems. So tired of ppl accepting garbage service in Mexico from companies like this and not expecting the great service our money pays for. Tired of changes and delays and gate numbers being announced literally last minute too. Staff is rude and make things more stressful rather than being helpful and reassuring. I’d rather spend top dollar from now on and get better service with another airline. I had a bad panic attack with all of the hassle they put me through I had to take Xanax and everything. Horrible flight. Three years ago I would recommend this airline but now I HATE it.

2  Thank odetoa
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.