“Very convenient Carrier”
Review of Volotea

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Don’t be put off by the negative reviews this is a budget operation which my Ryanair doesn’t offer any frills although it is surprisingly efficient and good value for money. The only problem you have to consider is that when you book your tickets online make sure that you are on the company website and not a middleman who will charge you a fee from the booking, our mistake which cost me 50 quid.

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (7,174)

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Before flying with this airline, I was quite nervous as I had read some pretty scary reviews, but i am happy to report that my experience was just fine! Boarding was fast and efficient, the flight crew were all very nice, the pilots informed us about take off, landing, weather conditions, alerting us that the landing might be bumpy, the seats were comfortable enough and my bag came out in under five minutes. If you fly with Volotea, pay attention to the quirks--i.e. you must PRINT your boarding pass or they will charge you for it at the airport, and also be sure your carry on really is the size they require.On my way home I had to add a checked bag and could not do it through my booking so I emailed them, they sent me a link and it worked and everything was fine. I was also pleased that the crew spoke English, Spanish and Italian (unlike some high cost carriers who don't bother with anything but English!). Other than the seat tray being a little dirty, I had a totally fine experience and I would totally fly them again. THey do fly slightly smaller planes--717s, but this company also has a really high safety rating, which at the end of the day is the most important thing.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank fearlesstravellerDC
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

My wife and i just vacationed in Greece. Athens for 4 days then Santorini for 4 days. We had to fly back to Athens to get a flight home to NY. Tickets were very cheap (about €120 for both) and that’s for a reason. You need to read all the terms and conditions about baggage and other things because you’ll be charged for them all. You need to pay to pick your seats (€4 each) pay for your bags (we had 3 which came out to €118) and pay to have your ticket printed (€10 each). Pay for it all online through their app or they’ll charge you more at the airport. Other then that, good airline for not ever hearing of it until I booked. My advice, pay for everything up front and check everything bigger than a backpack, and you’ll have a pleasant experience

Thank A.J Q
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Pathetic customer service. Our flight was cancelled due to an air traffic controller strike at the airport in Santorini which only lasted 3-4 hours They cancelled the flight and made no attempt to advise us or provide a later flight. Trying to find out what was going on was woeful as we couldn't get through.
Information on their website regards our flight was non existent. When you fly in a foreign country you don't need this rubbish. Thank goodness for the good service provided by Flight Centre's emergency line who got us out of trouble.

1  Thank Joe-Rose1953
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Traveling on a rate of Ren flights per month I can tell that Volotea airline respects it's clients, does not treat them as pieces of luggage others and asks for feedback comments upon return with a view to improving.
An excellent airline, try it and you won't be disappointed