“Read the contract of carriage or prepare for problems.”
Review of InselAir

Reviewed 16 February 2018

We booked in April 2017 for a flight Feb 22 2018. By Chance I decided to look at the flight schedule 2/14 and found it had change by 2 hours so we would not make the connection. I got Insel to change us but given the late arrive in BON would not get hotel to get us. So I tried to cancel only to find they sent me a clause:

9.2 CANCELLATION AND DELAYS

9.2.1 InselAir will take all necessary measures to avoid delay in carrying you and your baggage but times shown on timetables or elsewhere are not guaranteed and form no part of the agreement. InselAir may at its own discretion, with or without notice and in order to prevent a flight cancellation, substitute alternate carriers or aircraft and if necessary may alter, add or omit stopping places shown on the ticket or itinerary. Schedules are subject to change without notice. InselAir is not responsible for or liable for failure to make connections or to operate any flight according to schedule or for a change to the schedule of any flight. Under no circumstances shall InselAir be liable for any special, incidental or consequential damages arising from the foregoing.

I did not read the contract of carriage, no 1 does. Anyway no refund.

• Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Reviewed 15 February 2018

Worst airline. Timetables don’t apply. Our flights were both delayed. One flight was delayed 12 hours and didn’t land until after midnight in Bonaire. Of course the taxis stop at 11pm. Planes are grounded and the airport becomes a zoo. Customers fighting with ticket agents. Never ever again.

1  Thank Hobogeorge
Reviewed 14 February 2018

All flights of InselAir were cancelled officially after hours waiting at the airport for an airplane that never arrived. We were concerned that the airline was having problems providing service the previous few days prior to our scheduled trip. We contacted them by email and we were assured flights would be as scheduled, but no flights happened. We were never offered any refund for our flight, but we were able to receive a letter from them that our flight was cancelled for our travel insurance and for that I'll give them a score of 1circle rating. I cannot offer any recommendation for this airline, in fact I offer a warning to not use this particular company. They may be a small struggling operation in a difficult market but they could have easily kept their passengers informed as to the truthful status of their operation as all communication was already by email and they had no problem contacting me 48 hours before the flight to change the time of our flight then radio silence after that until after we had worked our way back to Canada.

1  Thank Ronundersea
Reviewed 11 February 2018

All flights cancelled. No information. It was a miracle that the staaf remained in their position although they could not tell you anything.

Reviewed 11 February 2018

I flew InselAir last year (January 2017) roundtrip Bonaire-Curacao-Bonaire. While the first segment flew with minor delays, the trip from Curacao back to Bonaire was a nightmare. We were at the airport at 12:00 noon for our 3:00pm flight (THURSDAY) and boarded 1:00 PM the day after (FRIDAY)! That's 25 hours at the airport! They refused to cancel our flight to avoid providing passengers hotel accommodation. Staff were not helpful at all, rude for the most part and very combative!

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank RonAsignacion