“It’s an ok airline ”
Review of Aruba Airlines

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

If you’re looking for a cheap airline to get you where you need to go (curacao/Aruba) then Aruba Airlines is a good choice. But, you get what you pay for. No meal options, no tv, no brand new plan etc. it’s standard. Good service, no problem with luggage and safe travels.

• Seat comfort
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)

Reviewed 8 February 2018

I purchased a ticket for a Dr friend of mine to meet up with my aunt in Curacao. Her husband had past away the night before on the cruise ship and was waiting for my nephew (Dr,)to comfort her and help her with logistics etc. When i purchased the ricket for $281 it was for the next morning. He showed up at Aruba Air and was told they had cancelled his ticket, no further information was given. i automatically assumed the ticked would have been refunded but NO. Instead Aruba Air just rescheduled his flight till the next day. This of course was not approved by either one of us. I contacted Expedia who told me that Aruba Air already collected the funds and i would need to send a letter to the \airline explaining the situation. I did send the email and never heard back from anyone at Aruba Air. So far no refunds. This is the worst customer service Airline the world.

• Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
2  Thank Garrett S
Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

It is the moment that you know that you don't have to worry about the airplane not leaving, the condition it is etc. There was another airline also flying this route. It was the right choice for us because at the end of the day Aruba Airlines took us where we needed to be. Nice stewardess and a relaxing easy flight of twenty minutes.

We will book again with them.

• Seat comfort
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Reviewed 1 February 2018

Booked my flight on Expedia to visit deceased family member, got confirmed and reaffirmed by both Aruba Airlines and Expedia night before flight, but then presenting on the check-in desk in the early morning they 'cannot find my reservation'. It didn't matter that I actually presented the paper copy of my ticket from Expedia as well as the booking that I actually downloaded from the Aruba Airlines website itself the night before!!! Called Expedia right away anyway and they said it was cancelled by Aruba Airlines themselves, while hearing two other travelers complaining at the same time for the same reason!!!

I did not receive any explanation by Aruba Airlines of what on earth they did, nor did I receive ANY notification about cancelling my reservation. They did not offer any help nor options for re-booking (if I would want that...) or financial compensation. On top of that, they simply deny that they cancelled it blaming me and Expedia, after which I was being neglected! They left without me on their half empty plane and with all of their offices closed making it impossible for Expedia finding a solution for me as well! As a result I could not get to my family to support them after the loss of one of my family members!

On top of that when i started to file a complaint at Expedia they somehow were able to change the date of my flight to the following day, which i find at least very suspicious if at first on the airport they 'cannot find my reservation' saying that 'i did not book any ticket'. To me this means a total lack of respect from rude and uneducated people for something that is totally caused by an even worse management that doesn't have control of its own company!!!

SHAME ON YOU ARUBA AIRLINES!!!!

Avoid at all costs Aruba Airlines, they are nothing better then PAWA Dominicana and Insel Air that have non-working planes and have been filed for bankrupty with suspended flights!!!

P.S. It is now 36 hours ago and I still did not get any response from the airline nor from Expedia since being denied boarding for my 'non-existing flight'...

2  Thank furiouscustomer666
Reviewed 23 January 2018

If you can avoid this airline, do so at all costs. After making my friend miss one connection, they told him they would pay for the new flight that he had to book. He would just have to provide proof of purchase. When this was done, they refused to pay it, even though he provided a badge photo of the person who told him. This airline cost him an extra $650 on his trip. It was a nightmare.

Si puede evitar esta aerolínea, hágalo a toda costa. Después de hacer que mi amigo perdiera una conexión, le dijeron que pagarían por el nuevo vuelo que tenía que reservar. Él solo tendría que proporcionar una prueba de compra. Cuando se hizo esto, se negaron a pagarlo, a pesar de que proporcionó una foto de la placa de la persona que le contó. Esta aerolínea le costó $ 650 adicionales en su viaje. Fue una pesadilla.

1  Thank drobinson108