“Good service. Read conditions before buying ticket”
Review of LEVEL (airline)

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Took return flight between PUJ/BCN over New Year. Before booking special promotional Premium Economy fare on ‘sister’ Iberia website in July, I thoroughly checked all the conditions for my ticket...2 x 23kg baggage, seat selection at booking in front of plane 1st three rows, early boarding, amenity pack and food/drinks.

Sat in 1A (loads of legroom, only bulkhead in front) and 3A, still plenty of leg room. Food service was acceptable but not exceptional with wine included with dinner/lunch service (with metal cutlery!) ...choice of two dishes. This was basically the same as your regular AA/BA/Iberia transatlantic.

Not sure about other comments, but the price paid reflects the seat and services received. The regular transatlantic flights for this period were around double what you paid for on the big carriers. Level promotes itself on a variety of (2) seats and services.... you get what you pay for. Luckily I lucked out on this particular fare!

Before you buy your ticket, check all the conditions! If you want the ‘older’ form of service and cannot get Premium Economy then you need to weigh up the pros and cons...luggage, seat, food and drinks... otherwise the more traditional carriers might be more suitable.

3  Thank hschanel
FlyWithLEVEL, Community Manager at LEVEL (airline), responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Hi,

Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your journey with us.
LEVEL gives you the choice to be in control of your own journey, by choosing what you want.

We hope to see you on board again soon!

Reviewed 4 February 2018

Just like in any low cost airline. The service is not excellent. It takes you to destination...that's for sure.

8 hours...well kinda uncomfortable.

But the plane is new, and the entertainment system does help you to go through that.

• Food and Beverage
3  Thank lucacarus085
FlyWithLEVEL, Community Manager at LEVEL (airline), responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hi there, thank you for sharing your LEVEL experience, we really appreciate your feedback! We hope to see you on board sometime soon, thanks!

Reviewed 2 February 2018

First of all, the staff is very good, and our return flight BCN - OAK in January was the smoothest we ever experienced -- kudos to the flight navigator. Although the A330 is a fairly new plane with USB charging, a choice of free movies, TV, and music, the comfort of the economy seats for long flights (11 hours OAK - BCN and 13 on the return) is considerably lacking. I tried to use my own pillow for some padding but it still wasn't enough. The legroom is skimpy, making it hard to change position to get relief from the thin seats. You get charged for everything -- water, food, checked luggage, pillow/blanket, earphones, choosing seats -- which is how these low-cost carriers operate. But still we got less than we paid for in terms of basic comfort. Never again!

4  Thank PL8on
Reviewed 30 January 2018

Great prices and really attentive employees. Comfortable as one can be for a long haul flight. On time all the way from departure to arrival.

• Food and Beverage

Hi,

We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us, thank you for sharing it.

We hope to see you on board again soon!

Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

I bought 3 full price tickets from Iberia last year from Oakland to Barcelona online and nowhere it said it was level a brand new company since last June. We felt really cheated finding that our at the airport because for the same price we could have taken Norwegian airline from the same airport direct flight only on a slightly different schedule which would have worked out. The waiting area was completely chaotic and nobody told us everything on board needed to be purchased including water. We were on the flight to buy water, but they refused to take cash both in USD and EURO. I then of course offered to pay with credit card, their system on the flight did not work so I can’t even buy water for the entire flight which is more than 11 hours long and I traveled with my 6 year old son. I asked and begged for water to one of the flight attendants, he laughed at me and said oh you should have preorder that before he flight!!! I couldn’t believe that they treated us this way! How could I know to preorder if they hid their name behind Iberia airline and never received an email from level to inform any of their no food no water policy and being laughed at!!! After the flight I tried to find their customer service counter and of course nobody was there, and then I went to Iberia customer service and I was told I have to take my complain to level airline through their customer service on the phone or online. I calked their customer service line countless times and nobody was ever to pick up the call or let me leave a message and finally one person answered said I have to submit complain online via a link on the web which I found out later was non existent. I then called Iberia again and I was told to submit complain on Iberia website which I did. After 32 days of submission, I got an email back with only a few lines saying this is an unprofessional incident and no real apology or offer of any compensation or credit (I would never ever fly with either of these two airlines Iberia or level ) their attitude is so beyond bad and crude. At the Oakland airport, they even charged me over $4300 for three checked in luggage! I found out from my credit card notification and showed that to the manager before the flight, he couldn’t really take care of so I had to spend almost an hour with my credit card company to reverse the charges. Later on, on the statement there was still a few less than $100 other charges. So I disputed with the credit card on these unauthorized charges, then you know what this company sent some documents with atm logs from Barcelona airport in August to dispute with me. I told my credit card company This is completely mess up and it’s ridiculous because we were already back to USA in June, we are not even in Spain in August, how could I have used their ATM machines in Spain and what does have that anything to do with extra charges with the airline. This is a complete screwup. I do NOT recommend anyone take level flight or Iberia flight! I would give negative stars if I could! The way we got treated without water after offering paying for it in multiple ways and got rejected for the entire flight more than 11 hours long is completely inhuman and torturous.

10  Thank Christine B