Richard C wrote a review Sep 2022
2 contributions5 helpful votes
Fantastic!!

Food and service excellent in both the main dining and buffet, more than enough choice and all very good quality. We had a 5 night dining package and the food in all of the speciality restaurants was superb and well worth the extra cost. Drinks package essential (if you like a few) and rarely waited long, plus speciality coffees etc. are also included. My wife had some spa treatments which were expensive tbf but she seemed to enjoy them and it gave me some peace..! Gym very good and enough equipment so no waiting.

The ‘We Will Rock You’ show was excellent, we have seen it in the West End and it is cut slightly short on the cruise but is still not to be missed. Overall we enjoyed all of the other shows and performances. The Beatles are excellent and their 3 performances were varied and entertaining. Can understand entertainment in bars may be repetitive but it didn’t really bother us.

There was a lot of kids onboard and our two had a ball (12 and 14), most generally well behaved but there will always be some that are more unruly. Didn’t really experience any issues ourselves. Surf, ifly, dodgems, roller skating etc. were all very well received!

On sea days you have to be up reasonably early to secure a sunbed near the pool (we tended to go somewhere above the main pool deck). We only generally had two beds (kids not bothered) and even at 8.30am there were beds available. We saw towels being removed in the mornings so it is policed (to an extent) and there were still plenty available at the rear of the ship until late morning.

Cabin was perfect and cleaned spotlessly, cannot fault anything in this regard.

Port transfer in Ibiza is a rip off as only a short walk but you live and learn! Barcelona not needed either - though wasn’t quite as costly!

2/4 came back with Covid but could happen anywhere and would not put me off booking again. I would highly recommend this ship and itinerary!
Sail Date: August 2022
Cabin Type: Balcony
Type of Trip: Family (older kids)
Destination: Mediterranean
Scroll below for other great reviews

Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas

Cabins
  Ocean View (2N)
  Ocean View (1N)
  Spacious Ocean View (1M)
  Interior with Virtual Balcony (2U)

Amenities
The Grande
Casino Royale
Chic
Music Hall

Cabins

Balcony
Cabin size: 119 - 272 sq. ft.
Connected rooms: 378
  • Filter
  • English
Scotsman6 wrote a review Nov 2022
Johnstone, United Kingdom8 contributions3 helpful votes
We looked forward to our first cruise in 3 years following COVID to the Canaries, Spain and Portugal and had one of the biggest disappointments of our lives. The destinations were OK, but on the first one to Vigo it took an hour to get everyone off the ship with the queue snaking all over the place. On the 3rd night (of a 12 night cruise) draught beer ran out, and prices were extortionate at $17.75 for a pint and a glass of red wine. Numerous folk were at the customer services desk complaining about the poor WIFI (which at £18 a day wasn't cheap) but didn't seem to be getting much satisfaction. When we got home I wrote to the company with specific issues but it took nearly a month to get a reply which was merely a general condescending type of reply which didn't answer anything. Felt throughout the trip and after that company was only interested in taking the money as the people in charge didn't seem interested in resolving anything. Staff on the ground were great, but they couldn't resolve any of the issues. Won't be back on this ship!
BarneyCT wrote a review Nov 2022
Connecticut37 contributions55 helpful votes
Our family was finally able to take a make up in June after having two prior ones cancelled. In the interim, our family suffered the loss of my granddaughter. When I called to schedule the new cruise, I explained that we had lost her and would the deposit be refunded since she was deceased. I was told that RC never gives refunds, even for a death. We accepted that and booked a cruise for the end of June. The ship was lovely, the service good and the food fair. There were problems being seated because we had opted for anytime dining, but an excellent waiter watched for us so we were happy. Overall, the cruise was nice. When we got our bills for the three rooms, only one received the $50.00 room credit we were promised, I went to guest services where the ,lines were interminable and I was assured it must be a mistake and she would contact the home office, Later she called to tell me the credits were denied. Why? She said it was something about two of the rooms being reserved when the credit was not available - except that I made all three at the same time. When we returned, I wrote three letters asking for the $100.00 that the line owed me and sent two emails. There was not even a polite response to any of the correspondence. So that is how Royal Caribbean treats its repeat customers and that is why our extended family has decided that we will not cruise with them again.
Lisa G wrote a review Oct 2022
1 contribution1 helpful vote
Originally told the shop was only sailing with 2000 had 4000 was horrific Worst holiday ever Never again !!
paul j wrote a review Oct 2022
3 contributions
we contacted rc several times by email and no one sorted my issues. i complained of not getting help because i had walking issues. Plus we are still waiting for our gratuities to be refunded but they are ignoring me. its ok we wont be going with them again.
Denise R wrote a review Oct 2022
Liverpool39 contributions20 helpful votes
Just returned from a 12 night cruise to the canaries the food in the main dining room was always hot and of a high standard,we had booked three speciality restaurants but really didn’t need to.Entertainment was varied and enjoyable including We will rock you which was fabulous. Third time we have been on Anthem and bits of the ship are looking a bit tired as is the bedding and the room towels which have seen better days. Joff Eaton does a great job as cruise director and all the staff work so hard. Not sure I would chose Anthem again until she has a refurb. All in all we enjoyed our cruise and the good weather.