Rachel D wrote a review Aug 2022
Rochdale, United Kingdom19 contributions6 helpful votes
We have recently returned from a MSC cruise sailing from France to Italy and Spain and returning to France.

The ship has lots of activities for all ages. The staff in the restaurants and bars are so friendly and helpful.

We stayed in a balcony room (11228) on the 11th floor. Balcony has 2 chairs and a table/footrest. The room had a large double bed and bunk beds which converted into a sofa.

There were usb points as well as eu charging, an ice bucket, mini bar. The bathroom was equipped with sink, toilet and shower. There was shower gel and shampoo in dispensers.

The marketplace buffet was on the 8th floor and there was another buffet on deck 16 which was open at lunch. There is a variety of food and enough to keep the kids happy. As a warning at certain times it was like a cattle market and was difficult to find a seat.

The main restaurant served lovely food but was rushed due to the sitting times.

The pools are lovely and open at different times. The kids loved the jungle pool which is salt water and the kids pool. Down part is that there is no seating around the kids pool to keep an eye on them. The water slides were great.

There is an arcades area which is lacking with games. You can pre book for bowling but everything else you can just turn up to when it's open.

The biggest down we experienced was the customer service on board the ship. We complained 4 times to reception about "young adults" running up and down the corridor until 6am playing music and shouting. MSC did nothing even after talking to the director of the ship. We hardly slept and have 2 young children who also suffered.

My husband also had his cruise card stolen. It was used in another bar but luckily the drinks weren't chargeable.

MSC only care about getting your money from your booking and that's it. Its certainly a once done never again from us.
Sail Date: August 2022
Cabin Type: Balcony
Type of Trip: Family (multi-generational)
Destination: Mediterranean
2 Helpful votes
Scroll below for other great reviews

MSC Seaside

• Deck 10
Additional decks
Deck 5 layout
Cabins
  Bella Inside Stateroom (I1)
  Bella Outside Stateroom (O1)
  Fantastica Outside Stateroom (O2)
  Wellness Oceanview Stateroom (OW)

Amenities
MSC Future Cruise
Art Gallery

Cabins

Balcony
Cabin size: 172 - 269 sq. ft.
Connected rooms: 312
  • Filter
  • English
Frankie wrote a review Nov 2022
1 contribution
In the process of suffering the most chaotic embarkation we ever endured. Absolute shambles. Saving grace the excellent agent who check us in who was brilliant. Come on MSC get your act together.
95christine wrote a review Oct 2022
Melbourne, Australia9 contributions6 helpful votes
Cruising from Rome June 2022 on ship MSC Seaside was a big disappointment. I was expecting more sophistication but it was more of a noisy unpleasant experience. Starting at the reception desk was extremely noisy with music making it hard to hear and talk especially with masks on. Noisy children out of control until 2am, parents were in other cabins, staff could not control. I requested to staff if it cannot be stopped I would like to change rooms so I spent half a day of my cruise changing cabins which was much better. Day entertainment was nil nothing to do do except listen to all the noise, night entertainment was good, but it was more to please the Spanish . Waiters not well trained serving food was clumsy and invading, food was served cold and tasteless, I was continually sending it back. Don't know why the food would be cold when the Restaurant was only half full. I would not recommend booking excursions with MSC , they were the worst excursions I have ever done, (we didn't have choice due to Covid rules) especially Palermo we were on a bus that had no aircon or no open windows we were struggling to breath, great way to spread Covid, could not hear the tour guide, then they dumped us off at a beach for 2 hours which had no shade or shops, nothing to explore we had no bathers or towels, had to walk in the hot sun for 2 hours and come back in the hot bus to the noisy ship. My cleaner appeared unwell she kept coming in a lot from room to room not changing gloves I could not find Don't disturb sign to keep her out. I didn't need my bed, curtains etc touched every day. Five days later I tested positive to Covid. I rang MSC they just said they follow correct procedure. I will never travel with MSC cruises again.
Nigel T wrote a review Oct 2022
Benitachell, Spain20 contributions20 helpful votes
Let's start with the positives, both embarkation and disembarkation were both straightforward and we'll managed. Our balcony cabin was on the 13th deck and was fine, the only negative was the small bathroom and the closeness of the bed to the bed. The entertainment was very ordinary I'm afraid, the theatre show, which played 3 times every night utilised the identical set of performer's with a slightly different theme each night. The rest of the entertainment was very basic, one performer's efforts at Amy W. would have been laughable if it hadn't been so tragic. The cruise arranged excursions were OK, but no more than that. The worst part of the cruise was the complimentary food, both in the 2 restaurants and 2 buffets. None of the food arrived hot and we sent a lot back. We complained and spoke to the restaurant manager, but despite his concern nothing changed, so much so that we spent €360 on speciality dining and if that was MSC's plan it worked. The ship is very nice, very sparkly and stunning in parts. The Sports Bar is good and I really enjoyed my 7 day pass to the Thermol Spa. Overall it was a disappointment and my Wife has stated she won't cruise with MSC again. I'd be prepared to give them another chance, as I believe everyone deserves one. Finally the staff were OK, not as professional as NCL. There is no way of not paying the mandatory service charge and when service is substandard this sucks.
Patrik B wrote a review Sep 2022
1 contribution1 helpful vote
We had a really great time with MSC Seaside. It was a pleasure meeting so many different people and we experienced so many good things! Room 10216. Our room service was great. Kim was a really kind and helpful guy. Hope to come back soon!!❤️
Hanna M wrote a review Sep 2022
10 contributions4 helpful votes
It was our 5 th cruise of Msc, the cabins are smaller than on Fantasia, Splendida and Poesia. No bathrobes in the cabin, no fruits basket and wine at arrival in the cabin. On Seaside you dont find great lobby with piano as on another ship. You have to make reservation for the theatre a day before which is mandatory. Seashore restaurant much more beautiful than Ipanema but be careful of Mr Antonio-maitre of the restaurant who is very rude and makes "monkey business" with guests about the tables. The crew dont check if all passengers participate in emergency drill. Excursion to Portofino -Just before departure they informed us that boat from Marghera to Portofino is cancelled cause bad weather and in fact all boats were working scheduled and weather was beatiful. Wonderful jungle aquapark. In easy package plus all the time was missing Desperados, wine Santa Cristina and Red Bull.... Wonderful and polite waiters and bar attendents.