christine m wrote a review Sep 2022
Colchester, United Kingdom37 contributions38 helpful votes
Recently returned from a cruise on Regal Princess the ship is lovely and we found the crew really friendly, service in the bars was a bit slow. Food was amazing, entertainment was not as good as previous cruises but the atrium entertainment was good and worth hanging around there for a lovely atmosphere but then I've always loved the atrium for the champagne waterfalls.
Cleanliness was paramount with crew monitoring passengers before entering the restaurants, extra wash basins are installed. Plenty of sanitising stations around.
Not so good: We went on the Mykonos Beach getaway excursion for 39.95 dollars which was overpriced, the beach wasn't too bad, shingle type, bit of a shelf to get in the sea, cafe at far end but worst of all was the cost of sun loungers at 40 euros at the cheapest, although they were the cushioned ones included a parasol, ridiculous price! At the back of the beach was bottles, cans and trash, not good enough Princess!
I will probably book with another cruise line in future as Princess booked our flights, connecting from Heathrow to Munich then Rome then returning two flights from Athens, we expect it to the Caribbean but for that short flight it's ridiculous, we left the ship to return home at 9.30am and didn't arrive home until midnight.
Including a photo from the beach getaway, I've complained to Princess Cruises but not confident of a reply.
Including a beach photo that won't make our album
Sail Date: August 2022
Cabin Type: Balcony
Type of Trip: Couple
Destination: Mediterranean
Scroll below for other great reviews

Regal Princess

Tender Embarkation
Tender Embarkation

Cabins

Balcony
Cabin size: 222 - 233 sq. ft.
Connected rooms: 26
  • Filter
  • English
Nickrocks wrote a review Nov 2022
Port Huron, Michigan1 contribution
The cruise itself was a nice experience. However, I wish I could say the Princess Customer Service was poor after issues returning home, but they cared so litte that it was truly non-existent. In other words, they never gave themselves an opportunity to be poor. I never received a response relating to my numerous attempts to reach out over an 8 month period. Although they do not respond to customer service complaints, they do have enough $ to pay Ryan who has reached out to me about 20x to see when I want to book my next excursion. Thanks for the constant reminder of my disappointment with their cruise line!
Terry W wrote a review Nov 2022
Australia91 contributions66 helpful votes
In August we departed on our grand Mediterranean cruise of 21 days from Barcelona on the Regal Princess. The cruise was just fantastic and would do the same cruise again but next time would depart from Rome or if possible Athens as there is no need to fly all the way over to Spain. Tha balcony cabin was excellent and the staff fantastic (Jose) made our room up every day and ensured our ice bucket was filled daily, he was great. For dinner we ate in the Allegro dining room and Nilesh was amazing. After a few nights he started keeping "our" table and it was a great experience. In the buffet Joseph was a pleasure each morning but all the staff were fantastic never wanting for anything. The staff and the ship was just fantastic and would have no issue recommending the cruise to anyone.
Mobile 07484850004 wrote a review Nov 2022
6 contributions3 helpful votes
I love the princess cruises once on board however the ground staff let the company down big time. They promise you the moon and star once booked trust me it’s a different scenario when something goes wrong. I experienced flights cancelled 28hrs prior to cruise, I tried phoning princess passed from pillar to post my call was a hour and a half long was promised a call first thing in the morning from the flights department still waiting, was also told if flights were cancelled cruise was also cancelled the only people I received any information from was the airline. Finally arrived in Athens 7hrs 30mins later than originally planned to realise our booked transfers had not turned up this was 12.30am still waiting for a apology for that. I am also still waiting for a refund on cost of extra legroom for cancelled flights. I had booked another cruise prior to going away I’m now prepared to loss my deposit on a holiday that was costing £8,800 Because once again ground staff not listening and passing on the buck. Good luck if you need to get In-touch because NOBODY follows through with their promises. I also sent a letter recorded delivery to princess cruise still waiting a reply Again none of this reflects on the staff onboard the ship they give 100% and more.
Jean R wrote a review Oct 2022
Oia, Greece4 contributions3 helpful votes
We recently returned from our first cruise since the onset of COVID. We sailed from Rome to Barcelona on the Regal Princess September 2022. The positives: our inside cabin was simple but adequate and our steward was absolutely wonderful. The ports we visited were incredible which is why we chose this itinerary. We bought excursions for almost every port and these and the guides were wonderful. We listened to authentic Greek music and observed and participated in Greek dance in Athens and in Crete. We went to the Acropolis museum in Athens with the most incredibly knowledgeable guide. We had a full day guide in Istanbul where we skipped the lengthy lines to enter the Sophia mosque and ended the day with a dinner cruise on the Bosphorus --the food and experience there were fantastic. And we met some wonderful people by always choosing to share a dinner table. Now some negatives: I booked great flights on Princess EZ Air. 3 weeks before flying I discovered that our tickets on these flights had all been cancelled (the flights were still operating.) Had I not been on top of this, who knows what would have happened? What happened after 4 hours on the phone was that they had to find new flights for us--these required additional stops and we were the last ones to get on the ship --they had to send someone to get us from the plane to the transport that was waiting for us. We got to check in at the cruise port and found that they had added mandatory negative COVID tests. They had a testing station--rapid test for $60! Thank god we were negative. On board the food quality has considerably decreased since pre-Covid times. The meat quality is very poor but they do have amazing pastries! I remember grand shows in the Princess theater at 8PM every night, but there was only one--the first night. Afterwards small shows--usually at 7--too early to get to from dinner. We did see a ventriloquist who we thought was very funny. There were constant movies (with sound so loud that you could hear it from anywhere on the ship) being shown on the outdoor screen--not conducive for quiet reading or relaxing. They kept telling us that we had to carry government issued picture id's when ashore--foolishly we did that although no-one ever asked to see them. Our passports were stolen in Santorini which meant we had to spend our day in Naples at the US Consulate. Hope this helps you to plan carefully!
Erin S wrote a review Oct 2022
Bath, United Kingdom13 contributions5 helpful votes
Basically we booked this cruise for the itinerary….we’d never been to Turkey or Montenegro so we’re very much looking forward to our holiday. We usually travel on British ships. SHIP AND CABIN….Very clean. The cabin had so much storage we didn’t even use all of it. SERVICE…Excellent in Horizon Buffet….up to 45 min. standing in a queue at the Concerto Dining Room with the hostess scurrying around doing a lot of the detail work including setting the tables and trying to find tables where people could sit. FOOD….The selection at the Buffet was good, but neither of us ever had anything more than tepid meals. The vegetables were undercooked and mostly inedible. The pastry shop had lovely desserts. The Concerto dining room had little choice from day to day….pretty much the same menu daily. For meat/fish diners, it was ok, but because I don’t eat meat, I had one choice so if I didn’t fancy that, I had to ask for potatoes from one menu choice and vegetables….always undercooked….from another. Everything was cold anyway. We decided that the strategy here was to make you go to one of the specialty restaurants so you’d spend more money….more about this later. ENTERTAINMENT….If you like incessant loud music EVERYWHERE….except the cabins…this is your ship. It even invaded the tiny “library”. The quizzes were stupid with several people cheating…WHT? The Bravo show was great…that repeated the second week…the rest was forgotten after 3 minutes. Virtually no quiet spaces for those who like to read, play games, write, etc. MONEY, MONEY, MONEY….For the better part of the trip….except whilst sleeping…you are bombarded by ways to part with your money…use your medallion, and you’ll never know how much you’re drinking, spending at the shops, and gambling. The constant unabashed ways that Princess finds to get you to spend made my head spin. QUEEN ELIZABETH’S Funeral….We were so grateful that Princess decided to televise the Queen’s funeral. We watched it in the Princess Theatre with many others who gathered to show their respect. Why they televised it on the big outside screen with the sunbathers and pool lovers drinking cocktails and gambling away. Not sure what other Brits thought about that, but to us, the Queen had served our country for over 70 years, and turning this deeply felt state funeral into an outdoor entertainment seemed a mockery. Needless to say, we won’t be going on a Princess cruise again.