“Prop Planes”
Review of Aeromar

Reviewed 26 June 2017

The price is hard to beat--$300 from Tucson to Guadalajara--but there are a few caveats. Don't expect anyone to answer the phone or call you back. Do everything on-line, and the rest of the service will be excellent.
These are tiny prop planes in their fleet so space is tight. Be sure to ask for row 2, A,B,C or D when you arrive at the airport. Those are exit row, and, if you're over 5'5", the only seats where you won't feel like a pretzel.
You walk on to the tarmac, climb the steps, and settle in for a quick take-off. Refreshments are served on each segment. We stopped at Hermosillo for over an hour so we could go through customs (get off plane, retrieve bag, go through the line, etc) and Culiacan before finally arriving in Guad.
All those stops turn a two-hour flight into a seven-hour production, but, again, the price made it worthwhile.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

I had a pretty good experience with Aeromar - the only annoying thing was that they don't have a lot of staff at the airport in Mexico City and you have to wait a while longer to check in your luggage with them than with f.ex. Aeromexico.

The reason I'm writing this review, though, is that I saw a lot of you had had to take later flights and such and hadn't gotten compensated. If that happens to you I'd recommend checking out airhelp. I've had a really good experience with them and you're much more likely to get compensation if you use them.

1  Thank Cathrine V
Reviewed 20 May 2017

I arrived in plenty of time for my flight only to be told I was bumped. Since I was headed to PV to attend my niece's wedding - I was bummed. Why me? They had no answer. They booked me on a flight several hours later (I missed the wedding) and PROMISED to refund the bumped flight.

Ha ha - can you believe I fell for that? Five emails and three phone calls later and still I have not talked to a single person.

This fly-by-night operation needs to CLOSE DOWN.

2  Thank Diana B
Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

This was a strange airline to book. I'm from the United States and tried calling to book my seats multiple times and was unable to reach anyone. I called received an automated Spanish voice and the phone hung up every time.

They cancelled the flight and booked it at an earlier time. It ended up working out for the better in the end. They notified us by email.

You drive out on the tarmac and walk the stairs into the tiny plane. The ride was smooth and uneventful and it was rather nice.

That's all I can say.

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

Got bumped off an over booked flight with no compensation, then rebooked on a flight 8 hours later, which ended up being delayed for over an hour with no explanation for the delay! Would not recommend.

1  Thank Heather P